Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Red, White and Green Salad

I love Spring and Summer time! 
It's starting to warm up outside and on most days during the summer, 
it's actually too hot to cook!
I would much rather eat something light, so I find myself eating more salads.
This salad calls for very little cooking...just some boiling water is all.
When I need a quick dish to make for our fellowship dinners after church, 
this is one recipe that I use. Prepare the salad before church, put it in the fridge
and by the time church is over, it's ready to eat!



 Red, White and Green Salad
1 pound small red potatoes, cooked and cubed
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 pound green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces and cooked
7 TBSP olive oil
5 TBSP white wine vinegar
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

In a large bowl, combine potatoes, tomatoes and beans. 
In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Pour dressing over vegetables; toss to coat.
Refrigerate for several hours before serving. 
Makes 8 - 10 servings
and is a good recipe to double!

19 comments:

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

Hi, Tina~

This salad looks DELICIOUS! I love potatoes and everything else that goes into this. Thank you so much for sharing. I can't wait to try it!

Blessings~
Laura

Janet said...

Thanks for visiting and entering my giveaway! Thanks also for posting it on your sidebar! Good luck!
Following back!
Blessings,
Janet

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This sounds delicious...thanks for sharing!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Tina,
This is such a wonderful salad. We just love Salad's like this in the spring and summer, it is so light and fresh. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!

Pitterle Postings said...

This salad looks simple and yummy! I will try it for the family this weekend!

Betty @ Little Farm in the Big City said...

Because our summers are so very hot, I'm always on the lookout for interesting salads. This looks wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing!

Michelle said...

Great recipe and I think my kids would eat it...a total bonus!

Jen said...

Looks really good, will have to try it this summer :)

betty said...

that does look good! I never thought of putting green beans in a salad like this!! I can see why it would be a great summer treat!

betty

Debra said...

Hi Tina,

Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. I'm now following you. While browsing your blog, I discovered your 25 days of cooking through Gooseberry Patch. I really love Gooseberry Patch everything. This recipe you've shared looks delicious. I can't wait for a little warmer weather. Luckily, we here in CT were spared snow this morning. Yay! Have a great day.

Debra

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tina :)

emilysnan said...

hiya this looks delish , i am visiting from making the world cuter and i am follwoing too , hope to see you at mine sometime
xmaggiex

Doug @ Daddy's Tired said...

That salad looks great...I may have to make that this weekend!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Thanks so much for visiting The House on the Corner and for your sweet comments!! I'm following back!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That sounds really good and refreshing. Thank you for sharing. Have a nice weekend.

Amy said...

This is such a healthful and refreshing salad. Can't wait to try.

I'm hosting a wonderful tea sampler GIVEAWAY! Come check it out when you have time.

http://utry.it/2011/04/two-leaves-and-bud-tea-company-product.html

Amy
http://utry.it

BundlesofBlossoms said...

You're making my mouth water-LOL!

Anonymous said...

cool on the finds :) love to see the blouse.. Im going to another one tomorrow :)

Miz Helen said...

Congratulations Tina!
You are featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. You are welcome to stop by and pick up your Red Plate, enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...