Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My best (semi-homemade) Salsa!


I received this recipe in an email from Taste of Home and just had to try it! I believe it has to be my best salsa yet! My son, Jason, is my food critic. If he likes it, then it must be good...and he loves it! The only thing I did different was omit the can of stewed tomatoes and add another can of diced Tomatoes and Green Chilis (Rotel). Since it was so tasty my way, I think it's what I'll stick with.

Corn Salsa
  • 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
  • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
  • 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
  • 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
  • 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
  • 2/3 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
Mix all ingredients together and chill.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy...I will give this one a try ! I'm always looking for new ideas...of course I would have to add some cumin!
The Gourmet Farm Girl!

Kristen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love yours too! Salsa looks yummy! I love Taste of Home! And how cool... you were published in Gooseberry Patch!

Farming On Faith said...

Hello~
It is so nice to meet you. I love your lovely blog~I am so glad you stopped by mine and introduced yourself. God is so good~but at times life is hard. I will add your health needs to my prayer list.
I am glad my post blessed your heart.
I am going to peek around.
God bless you my new friend!
Carrie~

Farming On Faith said...

I am still praying for you. I pray that you are doing well!

Melissa Miller said...

Yummy looking salsa Tina! Mmmmm...:)

Thank you very much for your sweet visit to my blog my friend. You are always welcome. I'll be back to visit you again soon.

Blessings, ~Melissa :)

Julie Harward said...

YUM! This looks so so good! Thanks for your visit :D

Karen said...

This sounds and looks delicious--thank you for sharing the recipe!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...