Right now, I am in Memphis, TN. I underwent reconstuction surgery on my left eye this morning. The Dr repaired the damage due to the cancer, radiation treatment and previous surgery. So far, even with all the swelling and redness, I can tell a difference. Before, I was unable to open my eye all the way and I was so self-conscious about it. On some days, especially at night when I'm tired, my eye wouldn't open at all.
God has blessed me so much since my diagnosis. I told my Dr I would be a miracle patient and God has made that possible! The large size of my tumor was rare. The cancer is normally caught earlier and is treated before it has reached the size mine was. Also, by this time, the cancer, in some patients, has spread to the liver and/or lungs. So far...I have had nothing but good "miraculous" reports!
So, today is a day I have waited for since my last surgery, December 23rd, 2008. I am dealing with what pain I have, because I am so excited about looking 'normal' again!
1 comment:
Tina...sending prayers and well wishes in your direction!
Bless you dear one :)
Gail
Post a Comment