Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Another good day!

Why do I worry? Oh yea..I'm human! How does that saying go? "Why do I worry? Because every time I worry, nothing happens!"
I had another good report at the Oncologist today! My cancer has not spread! Wooo Hooo...yay me! Yay God! He has really blessed me since I was diagnosed with this cancer! After first receiving bad news like this...How can that be, you ask?
God allows things to happen to us for a reason. The reason for my cancer? I don't know exactly. But He has used me time and time again to help someone else who is going through their own share of bad news. God always gives me the words to say. For that alone, I am blessed.
Oh, I'm not going to lie and say I don't fear bad news. Remember?...I'm human! But, when I do, I go to the verse I posted on my fridge...."He does not fear bad news nor live in dread of what may happen, For he is settled in his mind that Jehovah will take care of him" Psalm 112:7 That is now my life verse. My friend, Leslie, and I toss that verse back and forth to each other right before our check up appointments. She is a breast cancer survivor! Woo Hooo! Yay for her! Yay God...again!
Have you ever thought or been asked "why is this happening to me?" I can honestly say "I don't know" but not until I encourage them to find good in what has happened. But, you have to look for it. Ask yourself "How can I use what I'm going through to help someone else or even help myself?"
For those of you who know me personally, you know that my life is an open (very dramatic) book. I've experienced so much in my life...this cancer is just a new chapter in my book. It too, will come to an end one day and I'll begin another chapter...be it good or bad...it will happen.
In the meantime, I will continue on with my book...my life. I am still alive..therefore I will keep on living!!

1 comment:

Oklahoma Granny said...

So glad to hear you received good news. We do serve an awesome God!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...