Have you ever heard of Gooseberry Patch? They produce some of the greatest cookbooks out there! But they also publish other types of books..crafting, quilting, gift ideas, and these two books called 'Recipes for Kindness' and a new one called 'Recipes for Saying Thanks'. These are awesome little books with so many ideas to help someone, or show someone else you care.
www.gooseberrypatch.com
http://www.facebook.com/gooseberrypatch?ref=ts#!/gooseberrypatch?ref=ts
So many times, I hear "I wish I had the money to help them". And then that's it. Nothing else is done. But it doesn't take money to show an act of kindness. All it takes is your heart.
Showing an act of kindness is something I try to do every day. My goal for each day is to make someone else happy. I'm not a saint or an angel, just someone who wants to treat others the way they should be treated. I have some days that I am selfish, in a bad mood or just want to be alone....and those are days that I kick myself. Nothing gets accomplished and I missed out on a chance to be nice to or help someone else.
Just a smile, holding the door open, allowing someone else get in line in front of me, telling someone who is having a hard time/bad day that I'll pray for them, sending someone a note or card to lift their spirits (and not always signing it!), giving someone a hug, taking a meal to someone who just had a baby or surgery, cleaning house/doing laundry for someone who is sick, telling someone "I care about you. I'm here for you.".... There is so much that can be done for others and most of it doesn't cost money...just give them your heart.
Gooseberry Patch asked us this question....So, now I'm asking you "how do you give back?"
1 comment:
Great post, Tina...thanks for sharing our Acts of Kindness question with your readers. Plus, it's great to find your blog after "talking" on Facebook all this time! :)
Post a Comment