Friday, August 6, 2010

Fried Dill Pickles





This is my recipe that was published in the Gooseberry Patch 101 Easy Entertaining cookbook.
After trying them at a local truck stop, I knew I had to make them for myself! I bought a couple of batches and took them home to 'dissect' them and invent my own recipe! I'm sure the ingredients I came up with are not the same as theirs, but they sure were a big hit with my family and friends!!! Most folks dip them in Ranch dressing, but since I'm not a fan of that flavor, I use Thousand Island.
Try 'em for yourself and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Farming On Faith said...

Oh yum~ I will be making these!

My potatoes are so simple. I will make extra baked potatoes ( they work better if they are baked in the oven not the microwave) and throw 4 or 5 in the fridge for the next night. The next day I cute them in bite size pieces. I just brown them up in some olive oil. It just takes a couple minutes and they are so good. I think it was a Weight Watcher recipe. I make it a lot. It is really good for breakfast too!
You have a lovely weekend.
You blog looks wonderful!

Oklahoma Granny said...

Had to stop by for a quick visit this morning and thank you for visiting my blog. Please come again anytime.

You are right. After reading down through several of your posts I see that we do think a lot alike. I love to cook and your dill pickles recipe looks wonderful. I'm definitely going to try it. It's been years since Sonic sold fried dill pickles and I miss them! I'm also going to look for the buffalo wing mix next time I'm at the store. Our oldest grandson loves wings so he'll be the judge.

Gotta run. Off to a crop this morning. See ya soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...