Every time I think I'm going to have a chance to sit down and breath...something else comes up! But, I do bring a lot of it on myself..most of the time. I can't seem to say "No". Or, I think "it would be nice if I could do 'such n such' for them" and I then open my mouth and volunteer to do it. But, to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't have it any other way! Helping others is what I love to do...what I live to do. It blesses my heart to see that I've made someone happy!
This week, I am keeping my granddaughter, Layla, for a few days and we are spending some quality time together. Between swimming at the pool, shopping, reading our new Biscuit books and just hanging out, our days have been full and sooo much fun! She is the sweetest girl....I just can't seem to get enough of her!
At night, I am teaching crafts at Vacation Bible School. I haven't volunteered for VBS in a few years and knew it was time to jump back in to. I was the director at our old church for four years and it was time to 'pass the buck' and take a little break. These children have been so much fun. Some are very artistic and some need a little more assistance than others, but all in all, it's been great. I almost hate to see it come to an end tomorrow night.
Last week, my daughter was stressing about her work, school, kids, moving, etc, etc. She is married, but her husband lives with his parents, 2 hours away, while doing his rotations for Physician Assistance school. My daughter and the kids are moving there with him. They are on vacation now, but when they return, they have two days to pack and move. Sooooo...before they left, during one of my daughters "oh my gosh, what am I going to do? I'm running out of time and I haven't packed yet" stress attacks...I told her "Don't worry. While you're on vacation, I will pack up your house for you. When you get back, all you'll need to do it put it on the truck and move!"
I haven't cooked all week....we've ordered take-out almost every night! So, my new healthy eating habits are out the window this week! And as for sleep? What's that?
Right now...the dish washer is running, the laundry is washing, the house is quiet..
Now is my moment to breath.....
No comments:
Post a Comment