Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Valentine Decor????

I've never been much on decorating for Valentine's Day. I'm sure why. Just never did.
But, every Valentine's Day we would have our traditional 'Red and White Dinner'. All the food I prepared was red, white or pink. Red and white table setting. Red candles. Red, pink and white candies sprinkled over the table. The kids loved it!

I'm thinking that this year, I'm going to decorate the week before Valentine's Day. I've enjoyed having my home back to normal after Christmas and I'm not sure I want to jump in to the decor clutter again. Do you know what I mean? Maybe it's my old age.... I will be 50 this year....but I prefer things to be more simple. More is not better anymore. Less is much better. And cleaner.

I wanted to share a few ideas that I have found on Pinterest and blogs lately. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do...but at least I have some good ideas when I decide to get started.

These little buckets are too cute! 
This is something I could do with my granddaughter!


Such a pretty centerpiece. 
Who would have thought to use a bundt pan?


Something cute I can do for my grandchildren.
Maybe for their school party?

Beautiful pillows to make...
perfect for my guest room...
if I ever get it finished!
PHOTO I FOUND ON PINTEREST.
If it's yours,  PLEASE let me know
and I will GLADLY give you the credit


Something sweet....

So cute and easy to make...
PHOTO FROM PINTEREST
If it's yours PLEASE let me know!

YUM! 
Great idea. Beautiful strawberries!


Sooo cute...to hang or place on a cute plate,
or in a basket...
PHOTO FROM PINTEREST


That's a few good ideas...
Nothing too fancy...
just keeping things simple




4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

When February comes I will decorate for Valentines...and the a little later for St. Patrick's day too. It's not a lot but I love putting a few things out to add a touch of color.... I love your collection of things to decorate with. None of mine will be quite as fancy I'm sure. Great idea having that red and white dinner! I've never tried that. We have had some green dinners for St. Patrick's day and that was always a hit. Thanks for all the food for thought today!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

These are all cute Valentine ideas. I really love the pillows! I remember once making heart shaped pillows and giving them to loved ones.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Cute ideas- I may use a few for the SS pot luck I am hostessing next month!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I agree with the less is more! Those are cute ideas. I just love Pinterest. Hope your weekend is fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...