Monday, January 2, 2012

A new year....a new me.

That's the plan anyway.

I have so much that I need to get done this year.
But, I don't set resolutions.
I've failed at them too many times.

Now...I just pray for direction.
God knows what I want.
But, most of all....
God knows what I need.

I just tell myself I'm going to do better.
And since I've started doing things this way...
I've found that I have done exactly what I said I would do.

So, I'm doing that again.

I'm going to do better about eating healthy.
I lost 25 lbs last year...and gained a few of them back.
But, I'm ok with that.
I take that as a self-compliment.
I like my own cooking.
But, now I'm going to be more careful about what I eat.
And I need to quit, not cut down, the Diet Cokes!
And drink more water. I do drink a lot of water.
But not when the choice is water or Diet Coke!

I'm going push myself harder at my job.
Since I'm basically self-employed (Aflac),
how much I make is up to me. 

I'm going to do better at getting rid of things that I don't need.
After two successful yard sales this year, I still have too much
junk in my attic. In order for me to organize it the way I want it,
half of it will have to go. Ok, over half of it.

And speaking of organizing...I have become a bit fanatic about it.
I have started mega cleaning each room in my house.
I'm going through closets, cabinets, drawers and shelves.
I started this before the new year, but I promise to continue
until it's all finished. I've bought new tubs, baskets and plastic bins
to organize our things. I CAN NOT wait until my whole house is how
I want it to be.
Everything.
In.
It's.
Place.

I'm going to do better about doing things I want to do....
like crafting, (I have a Pinterest list a mile long)
refinishing furniture, (that I've put off for too long)
re-decorating the guest room,
and traveling to see friends I haven't seen in years
(which means I will be planning a trip to Alaska!)
and writing my book.
Yes, I'm writing a book.
I never told you that before did I? Surprise!
I'd like to finish it this year, but if that doesn't happen,
then I'm okay with that too. 
I can't write the ending yet.
Not until some other things in my life happen first.

I'm also going to write a cookbook. When?
I'll fit it in my schedule.
I don't know yet...but in time.
It'll happen.
And if it doesn't happen this year, then that's ok too.


I also want to start my own business.
I'm hoping that can happen this year.
Some other things need to come in to play
before I can focus on that...but for now...
I'm still taking notes, doing research, and making plans.

I have some major life changes going on this year.
I'll fill you in as they happen.
But, just know this.
In the end, I will be a much better, happier ME !!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

5 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You do have some very high hopes for the New Year. It never hurts to try and if you don't try you can't succeed so here is wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Tina said...

I do have high hopes..but I won't be disappointed if I can't accomplish all of it. And you're so right...if you don't try, you can't succeed!
I enjoy hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by!

Tracy said...

Wow, I thought I had an ambitious list! I'm impressed with your reorganizing and cleaning out, that is something I desperately need to do (especially in the garage and my closet!) Best of luck to you in your endeavors, I'll be interested to see what the book is about!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like you have this year under control and that you have a great start on getting rid of things.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Wow, that's a list and half! I'm cleaning house too- room by room. What a nightmare-junk, junk, and more junk. Whew! Good luck with your list and I wish you good luck with your resolutions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...