Saturday, May 22, 2010

Full as a tick.....


When it comes to grilling...my 22 yr old son Jason can cook up a mean burger, steak, tilapia, roast and ribs! While he's manning the grill, I'm inside cooking up the sides. Tonight we decided to do things a little different...Cheddar pepper burgers with Pepper Jack cheese and Chipotle Mayo! Wow...awesome burgers! (I could only eat half of mine.. they were so big!) I can't forget my homemade french fries, lightly coated with ground sea salt! I just gained another pound thinking about it! (click on the picture so you can see all it's yumminess up close!)
I found some Duritos in the produce section of our grocery store. They are an orange, wagon wheel shape, an inch in diameter and very light in weight. Drop them in hot oil and they will quadruple in size. You'll need to remove them right after they expand or they'll be too hard to eat. Sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar on them while they are still hot and you've got yourself a lite snack! (if you can find room after that big ol' burger!)
Chipotle Mayo (Food Network)
1 cup mayo
2 chipotles in adobo sauce
1 TBSP adobo sauce
1/2 lime. juiced
salt and freshly ground pepper
Add ingredients to a food processor and puree!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love the flavor of chipolte...smokey, spicy and just a low heat!

Blessings!
Gail

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...