Monday, July 25, 2011

As I lay here....UPDATE!!

I can only think of all the things at home that I should be doing. Meals need to be cooked, laundry needs to be done, floors need to be mopped. But I can't.
I'm in the hospital. I've been up here since Saturday afternoon.
I went to the ER Thursday night and was told I was having a gall bladder attack. The doctor told me to see my surgeon on Monday and he would schedule surgery. Well, I didn't make it to Monday.
Saturday afternoon, I started having pains so bad that I couldn't hardly stand up. By the time I got to a bed in the ER, I was in so much pain that, in a two hour period, 2 shots of demoral and one shot of morphine barely touched the pain. So, I was admitted.
My numbers for my pancreas and my liver were high. I had pancreatitis and was jaundice. The doc thought that maybe a stone was caught in my bile duct. So, I was put to bed, with only ice chips to eat. No food. No drink. Nothing. Bed rest, pain meds in my IV and ice chips.
Today is Monday. My numbers are down. I'm going to have surgery tomorrow. Yay!
I'm so hungry. Every commercial on TV contains food. Every blog I look at contains a great new recipe.
My doctor assured me that tomorrow night after surgery, I can eat a bland meal. I don't care...give me chicken broth and diluted jello. I'll eat it. And will love it like it was a t-bone steak and bake potato!!
I will probably be released from the hospital on Wednesday. I've already told the hubby what I want....Chicken Fried Chicken with Garlic Mashed Potatoes from Applebees. I won't eat it all at one time. I will save some for later. I promise. I just want food. Good food.
Then it's time to recuperate. I'm going to take my time getting better. I've got so much to do. And the yard sales... I feel like all the good stuff is being sucked up while I'm laid up in the bed. I want to get my master bedroom finished, and then work on the guest room. I have a garage full of projects that I want to get done. I have some sewing I need to do.
But I want to be out of pain. This horrendous pain. This pain that had me doubled over. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't think. I didn't want to be touched.  I screamed. I cried.
It's almost over...I'll be good as new again. I promise I'll go back to the gym. I promise I will go back to Zumba class. No more excuses.
These are the things that I think about...

as I lay here. 


My surgery went well. The doctor is concerned about one thing though...the 'shadow' he saw when he injected the dye, didn't move. He's afraid that it's a stone that got lodged in the bile duct. The MRI that was canceled for yesterday, may end up being done tomorrow..depending on the results from the lab. 
I am in some pain, but that is to be expected. Nothing that a little Morphine can't fix. 
I was cut in three small incisions instead of a slice across my side. I'm happy about that! My belly was 'blown up' with air during surgery, so uh..yea..there's only one way to get rid of that. I suppose it's a good thing the doctor ordered a private room for me huh? haha
I have already been out of bed..because I refused a catheter and I had to go tinkle. It felt good to stand up and sit somewhere other than my bed. So I sat in the recliner for about 40 minutes. 
I have some cute socks on that help with circulation. Then I have some 'bubble socks' over them that are hooked to a machine. The bubbles inflate one at a time to message my legs. Between these bubble socks and the morphine...aaaahhhh

My 8 yr old granddaughter came to visit me last night with her parents. She brought me some light up bracelets. You know the kind..you bend them and they light up to a pretty flourescent color. I love them! 
They are the best Get Well gift I've ever received!!


THANK YOU SO MUCH
for you thoughts and prayers!

I'll be good as new before you know it!

18 comments:

Linda Stubbs said...

I am soooooo sorry about you being in the hospital. Catch up and have fun looking at blogs since you can't do anything else. Poor thing! It must be painful. You were so cute in the bed.........fun husband. Smile!


Hugs and prayers,

Linda

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I'm sorry you're in the hospital and doubly sorry you need surgery. It's always scary and never, ever restful.
Prayers went up for your surgery and recovery today. Get well soon!!!

Bookncoffee said...

I sure hope you feel better and recover quickly. Just said a prayer for you.

Unknown said...

Oh how I know this feeling! I am so sorry for your pain and hunger! Think of all the blessings in your life!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

The very same happened to me when I had my surgery. You will be feeling so much better soon. Take care and rest...and enjoy that food when you finally get it. You'll be in my prayers for a safe and successful surgery and a speedy recovery too.

Michelle said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery! Do take care of yourself.

Oklahoma Granny said...

Bless your heart. By the time you read this your surgery will probably be over. Take care and don't overdo.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Ohhhhh Girl....been there!!
Had the same thing happen to me about 20 years ago....take it easy...don't rush your recovery...pamper yourself...
Enjoy(?).... ;/

BundlesofBlossoms said...

Tina, oh my!!!!!!!!! I wondered where you had been and of that gall bladder could be the reason after your last posting. This will soon be over and you'll finally have relief. I am so very sorry you're going through this.....our minds think so much alike just listening to you talking about all that needs to be done-LOL-Take care of YOU! The rest will all be there waiting when you feel better and if I was able I would deliver Applebee's myself to you:) Take care, friend!!!

Rosie Goins said...

Oh no. I know what you are going through; I had to have emergency surgery for mine. I an honestly say that I hurt less immediately after the surgery than before I went into surgery.

Get well vibes coming your way.

The Country Cook said...

Tina! I had no idea you were going through so much. Oh I wish I could be there to help you out and cook you a good meal when you got home! You are in my prayers. Hugs to you friend!!

Susan said...

I do hope & pray that you can go home soon and recuperate in the comforts of your home. You've been through so much over the past week. Praying for your speedy recovery!

Unknown said...

Continuing to hold you close in prayer Tina!!

Blessings!
Gail

TARYTERRE said...

Hope you'll be out and about soon. I had my GB surgery in the old days. I was in hospital for 10 days. I have a 14 inch scar on my belly. I had a drain in my side and was so black and blue there was nowhere to put a needle for pain meds. And the day I was allowed to eat, they brought me PORK CHOPS. Take care. Get Well soon.

~Kristin~ said...

Praying for a fast recovery...
Love, Kristin

~Sandy said...

I didn't realize that you are in the hospital. I am so sorry. I sure hope you get to feeling better very soon. Take care of yourself and rest all you can. I pray for a speedy recovery. BIG (((HUGS)))

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I just read where you were in the hospital and had surgery! I will pray for your quick recovery. Hope everything goes well for you. My hubby had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago, so I've been out of blogland a while. He's doing great now with his stent put in. Take care of yourself!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That was not fun. Glad your doing better and keeping you in my prayers. Get well soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...