I'm on the road a lot.
When I'm home, I'm going ninety to nothin'.
On the 8th, I hosted a 70th Birthday Come and Go Celebration for my mother. I had been staying at my daughters (4 hrs away) for 10 days, taking care of my grandsons while my daughter and her hubby were in Hawaii for a medical conference. I drove home the night before the party, made a quick trip to WalMart for a few last minute things and then put it all together. Phew...I was tired! But it turned out perfect! Momma loved it! Forty-seven of her family and friends stop by to wish her a Happy Birthday!
I managed to get a little bit of fall decorating done this past week.
Recognize this flower arrangement? I used it at my mom's party.
It's originally from my daughters wedding a few years back!
Something simple in the dining room...
The stuffed pumpkins I made when I taught crafts at church several years ago...
On top of my quilt cabinet...
Love my wicker pumpkins...and stools...
something very simple for the dinning room table...
I don't like having to move so much when we sit down to eat.
My grandchildren love my big ol' scarecrow!
I don't have a mantle..so I make do...
On this past Friday night, I went to see my daughter, who lives 4 hours too far away, so I could watch my grandson play his two games of soccer on Saturday. I took some photos, but with the direction of the sun, they all had a glare. Bummer. I'll take more next time. His team lost both games, but they really did play well. My grandson made some good plays...even a bunt with his head! I was so impressed! My daughter was entertaining guests from work that night, and I needed to get home, so I left and drove home mid-afternoon on Saturday.
My oldest grandson...he's my buddy...and he's one funny kid! I love our talks. He likes to talk about and look at photos of things we've done together when he was younger. And we talk about the things we'd like to do together in the future. Any time I talk to him on the phone, the first thing he says is "Hi Gramma. I miss you."
The little one's my buddy too. He'll talk to me on the phone for a minute...usually just to tell me about the apple he's eating or that he wants to watch Bubble Guppies. He's a funny little guy. It was warm outside at the moment, but he insists on wearing that camo jacket...and he has to keep his two blankets, Clifford dog, and moose with him at all times. And the Paci...which I'm trying to break him from. Both of these boys LOVE to read! And I LOVE that!
Yesterday...I went to my oldest sons house and we carved pumpkins...
My oldest granddaughter had to draw and color her face first... she's a little OCD like her Gramma.
She's a very smart girl..and beautiful. She loves to dance with my youngest daughter...the Zumba instructor.
My oldest son...getting ready to carve...
Have to draw it out first...
She was concentrating so hard and was doing such a good job!
The little one didn't want to help...just play...
and would not look at me when I had my camera!
I pick her up from 'school' every day at 11:30 (when I'm home)
and after her nap, she'll help me cook, or we go to the park, play baby dolls or puzzles or we read. She LOVES books too!
All finished...such good imaginations!
Well...now I'm about to get on the road again. And here's why...
when I was at my daughters Friday night, about midnight, I stepped outside on her back deck (because I enjoy the cool mountain air) and there stood a young man. He looked to be about 18 or 19 yrs old. I didn't see his face...I was looking down and saw his legs and body first. He jumped over the railing of her deck and ran in the woods and stopped. I felt like he was staring at me. So, I backed up in to the house, locked the door, closed the blinds and went to wake up my son-in-law. Of course, when he came out, the guy was gone.
The policeman, who lives up the street, went over to talk to my daughter yesterday. The description I gave fits the guy that used to live in the neighborhood with some family, is now on drugs, got out of jail, and has been spotted in the neighborhood three times recently. We got his name...looked him up on facebook...because you know, everyone is on facebook! I didn't see his face that night, but I did see the back of his head and his scroungy hair which matches his photos. The last photo on his facebook page is the one that scared me the most...
So, my son-in-law is working out of town tonight and tomorrow night. My oldest grandson is in school and my daughter has to work. But, she will be alone at the house at night with the two boys. I'm not having that. I'm going to stay with her.
I have an Oncology appointment on Wednesday...I'll get up, drive the 3 hrs to the appt and the two hours to come home. Her hubby will be back then.
Then, I should be able to finish getting things ready for my next yard sale on Nov. 4th and 5th. Yes, I'm getting rid of MORE stuff! I always do real well in the Fall. After this yard sale, between keeping my granddaughter and going out of town for training for my job, I'll work on getting my attic organized since it's cooler up there now! I'm really looking forward to that! I can't stand knowing there is such a mess above my head! Remember the whole "fung shway" thing..."negative energy"...yea..something like that. I just can't stand clutter!
Then...maybe...just maybe...I can finally get my guess room finished...which will require some painting, sewing and decorating!!!!
Then...there's Thanksgiving,
then Christmas...

8 comments:
You are one busy person. I hope the police are keeping an eye out for that person running around the neighborhood and that they scare him away or put him away one or the other. How terrible that would be. Take care!
Whew... I am tired reading all of this!!! You are one busy lady, but I know it is such a joy to be with all those beautiful grandbabies. That is what I miss the most about living close to home. I wish my daughter could be with the grandparents so much more.
The guy on the deck is a freaky thing. After seeing the picture on the facebook page, I would be freaked out too. Time to call ADT and get a gun. If I were him, I wouldn't want to mess with you! It is obvious that you would take care of him!!!
Have a great week and be safe!
Your grands are so cute! You sure are doing some driving running around to see them all. I hope all goes well at your daughter's. Isn't it something how brave you get when you are protecting your children? Stay safe!
WOW! What a busy & stressful time you've had ... so thankful everyone is safe from the intruder. Prayers now for the identification of him & that he gets the help & rehab that sounds like is needed. And on a lighter note -- what a terrific celebration of your mother :) You are so talented & so caring. It's no wonder your grandchildren love you so much :) Many prayers for the days ahead ...
You are one busy woman, Sue! I love all your fall decor, it looks really nice!
Hope you don't run into that guy again, that's scary. He sounds like he's definitely up to no good. It's good to know a policeman lives nearby!
Your g'children are so cute and the pumpkins turned out great! Have a safe and happy week!
And I thought I was busy! You run circles around me, girl. Glad you're able to stay with your daughter. That is such a scary thing to know that young man has been hanging around the neighborhood. Sad too. Makes you wonder what turned him onto the wrong life path.
Whew --- Tina, you are a runner girl :)
I am glad that you are going to stay at your daughters and I am glad to know that your encounter with that young man didn't go badly. Enjoy your busyness and know that the guest room and the decorating will be there when you're done :)
Blessings Friend!
Gail
Shew, your schedule is busier than mine! How scary knowing that someone was around your daughters home. I stay home a lot with my 2 kids & it's an uneasy feeling. Glad you are able to go be with her. I've never had a Fall Yard Sale. I always just assumed they wouldn't do as well. I might have to give that a try eventually. Your Fall decor looks cute. I didn't really put any decor out this year. I love Fall but just haven't been motivated to do it. I'm always griping though that I don't have a mantle & thought your idea was genius. I might just be inspired by that! Hope you get everything done that you need to this week :)
Post a Comment