it may take a moment for the video to load
Do you remember your first kiss? I was in 7th grade. Yea... I waited. I was a good girl. And, I was finally out of my tom-boy stage. I knew that boys no longer had cooties. They were touchable now.
Let me set the stage for you.
It was true love as we knew it and his name was Fred.
He was a cutie.
All the girls liked him.
He liked me.
We lived in Guam.
Both fathers were military.
Same grade.
Same school.
Same friends.
We were at an outdoor movie theater. All my friends and I sat in the front-middle row. Fred met me there. He sat down beside me.
I said "Hi".
Then he said "Hi".
Yep, true love.
And, with a man who is was not afraid to show his true feelings.
Fred and I looked at each other, smiled, stood up
and moved to the front-side row so we could be 'alone'.
This was it.
No words were spoken.
We knew what was about to happen.
This was the moment all my friends talked about.
My first kiss.
How awesome this would be.
Just a light touch of the lips is all that was needed
to show our devotion to one another.
He leaned in towards my face.
Smiled at me.
His lips touched mine.
Then suddenly...with our lips still pressed together, we started laughing.
Oh no!
Our braces got stuck together!
Oh my gosh!
We couldn't pull apart!
About that time our friends looked over at us.
They thought we were really getting in to this kiss.
They all came to watch.
Then my friend Linda noticed what had happened.
"Pull away from each other!"
One.
Two.
Three.
Snap!
We were apart. But, our braces were broken.
Fred got up and ran out of the theater.
I got up and went to the bathroom mirror to check out the damage.
The wire that went across my braces was now sticking straight out of my mouth. It had already cut my lip. I was already bleeding. I had to walk home from the theater holding my lip up so it wouldn't cut me anymore. Linda walked with me.
We thought up a story about how this "really" happened.
We blamed it on popcorn seeds.
Emergency trip to the dentist the next day.
Monday at school.
Humiliation.
Fred wouldn't speak to me.
His friends laughed when I walked by.
My first true love...gone.
Just like that.
But that kiss...
my very first kiss...
it's definitely one I won't ever forget!!!


19 comments:
The stuff kids come up with to get outta trouble, POPCORN SEEDS! Yeah right!! haha This was too cute!
Now that's a first kiss never to be forgotten!
Wow, now THAT'S a "first-kiss" story!!! :D Yes, I remember mine - I was a Junior in High School. However, there was a kiss after the first, that is more memorable. :)
Wow!!!!! Holy cow!!!!!!!! Now, that's a story!!!
I love the creativity of the cover story and blaming it on popcorn-HA! Did you ever tell your parents the true first kiss story? This made me giddy just reading it. What a great story to share:)
Sorry, but that is SO funny! You poor dear, that would make me not want to kiss another boy until the braces were off! My first kiss was at the back of the bus on a field trip..and the kiss, right on the cheek! WOW ;D
I just gave you an award...come see! :)
http://larkscountryheart.blogspot.com/
What a cute story...I love the scale you have on your side bar...I love that you have gotten it to move...good for you...I am trying but I am having no luck so far...
hello newest follower from the hop look forward to reading more great posts
http://everydayproductsandmore.blogspot.com/
I think I was 13-14 when I got my first kiss - I know I was a really, really good girl - or romantically challenged ;-)
Thanks again for joining the Train!!
Wow...and that's a first kiss! Just stopping by. Following you from the Tuesday Train Blog Hop. Would love it if you would LIKE my page: www.facebook.com/flightlessgoose
I love the fact that you made a wonderful memory about it, instead of avoiding it. Poor Fred, he probably doesn't even laugh in private!!!
What a cute story! I didn't really know that braces got stuck together! I gave you The Versatile Blogger Award. You can go here to accept it: http://grandmasguidetolife.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-got-versatile-blogger-award-i-love.html
Back in the day braces were made a lot different than they are now. If a hook on the front of the band was loose or broken it could cause some damage to your lip. I guess one of ours was broken and hooked on to the other. I don't know how or why..it just happened and I'll always remember it like it was yesterday! :-)
Oh my goodness...Too funny(and sweet)!!!
Wow! That story beats any story I've ever heard on first kisses.
I am visiting from Never Growing Old Blog Hop.
That's definitely an "unforgettable kiss!" Very cute!
I'm a new follower from the "Over 40" hop!
Hope you can hop by and visit my blog too. If you like giveaways, I have one for Enjoy Hair Care Thermal Spray.
Have a great weekend!
http://www.stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/
Oh that was such a sad and cute story. I can see all ended well your grandchildren are adorable.
I am a new visitor and follower via Java.
Oh my gosh! I am thoroughly cracking up. This is just priceless!
(And was actually one of my fears when I got that first kiss in eighth grade! :)
You poor thing... so sorry for laughing!
(And this is a CLASSIC True Story Tuesday, ha ha!)
WHOO HOO! So glad you linked up! This story is just too perfect!
And how sweet is that video... awww!
Post a Comment