For several years now, the attic has been for storage.
I used to think 'more is better' when my children were younger. My house looked nice, but it was so cluttered. Over the past several years, I have been de-cluttering my house. But all the while, still hitting yard sales and thrift stores...and bringing more clutter back home! I have changed out the decor on my walls, shelves and tables more times than I can think! I would stack my clutter up in the hallway, then ask my hubby if he would kindly take it all up to the attic.Bless his heart, this man is one of the most unorganized people I have ever met. I should have known better. Sometimes, when I would need something, I would ask him if he would go up and get it for me. I figured, since he took it up there, he'd know where it was. Ha! Several (like 8) months later, I went in the attic to find something I needed, and this is what I found!
And this isn't all of it! There are two doors (one you can see to the right on the first picture) that lead to more strorage. One side has toys from when our children were younger, and the other has tubs galore of Christmas decor! I do have to say, though, those two sides are still pretty organized. I had these center two rooms very organized at one point.
I couldn't take it any longer. You know the whole 'Fung Shway' thing...(that I'm not really in to, but sometimes it does makes sense) ...called 'Negative Energy'? Well, that's what it felt like to me. Just knowing all that clutter was sitting above my head drove me nuts! Sooo...it was time for another yard sale! This time it was the yard sale of the century!!
And NO, I didn't take photos of all my 6 tables FULL of stuff or the long clothesline I strung up in my carport. I thought about it, then forgot about it. Every time I thought about it, I was busy with something else. But, I will say..I only have an electric stove, three boxes of miscellaneous items and some clothes left..
and they are all headed to the Salvation Army.
I'll show an AFTER picture of the attic when I get it organized again. We don't have window units up there anymore, so that will be a winter time project! It's like a Sauna right now!!!
Ok..just one more thing, says the girl who always has something to say...
Have you ever had shoplifters at your yard sale? I have at least one every time! But it wasn't the merchandise on the table he was after this time!!!
Sooo...to the man who thought he was stealing one of my
bell pepper plants from my garden....
WHAT YOU REALLY TOOK WAS A WEED!
Good Luck With That!
Some times it pays to not weed as often as I should!







19 comments:
Hahahahahaha...no, I am not laughing about your attic storage or your yard sale...the man who stole a weed is giving me the best giggle of my entire day. Wow. I hope that you made a good chunk of change for all your efforts. It has all the potential for being a great storage space once again come December. Thanks for stopping by...stay cool now. (Certainly wish that I could send you some cooler temps and a little rain while I'm at it.)
If that guy plants the weed it will likely multiply and he'll get his just due.
That is so dang funny about the weed stealer!!! Garage sales are so much work..and I can't wait to see the finished attic! :D
Glad that shoplifter got the weed for sure. He/she deserves that for being so ugly. I have an attic much like yours full of stuff. When all the babes were at home it was bedrooms for 4 of my boys. Now it is storage and I will get it cleared. I don't do garage sales but I will pitch it or donate it. Before I do the attic though I have to finish decluttering my basement. It's way cooler there in the summertime. Hope your Monday is a wonderful one!
Who in the world steals plants from another persons garden???
That's crazy!
He should have known better anyway. He had asked me about the plants and was pretty interested in the Yellow Pepper. What's sad is, his wife and kids were in on it too. She was paying for her items while he was moving the 'plant' around with his foot. It was almost as tall as my peppers, but prickly. I thought he was putting his cigarette out in my garden. Then when his wife and kids walked by, he spoke something in spanish to them, they looked at his foot and walked to the car and opened the door for him! Home Depot has the plants on sale for $1.50!!! Skip the yard sale and just go there next time! Crazy Crazy!!!
Hmmm. Great way to weed your garden, though. Maybe you should invite him and the family over for an all-you-can-carry weed party. :)
Ya gotta love it when people get what they deserve. Just wish I was around enough to see it ;-)
Hi Tina, thanks so much for your visit at my blog. And thanks for the laugh...I'm still laughing just picturing the guys face when he realized he stole a weed! Too funny. ~Cheryl
Wow I can't believe someone would try to take your bell pepper plant! What a surprise they got when they realized it's a weed hehe!
New follower from the Tuesday Train blog hop :)
Wowser! Good job getting rid of all of that! I've been working on decluttering, too!
Oh, I think my garage looks like your attic. I will wish for a shoplifter and hope the take everything!! I really want to make that garage into a game room for the girls, but I am not sure it will ever happen. I have too much stuff!!!
Great post! Especially about the weed, it made me smile.
I came over from the Follow Friday Hop hosted by Java.
Your attic looks like my study/junk room. I wish I could have a sale and only have that much left! We are planning on one for August. Hope we do as well as you. I haven't noticed shoplifters before...so maybe that's a bad thing. Knowing me, I wouldn't catch them! Debbie http://thriftygirlvintage.com
I love this! I always wished for a "secret room" or attic space to call my own when I was younger. I still think it's a cool idea. You are an awesome mom for letting your kids try it out. AND, what a dope for taking a weed! I wish someone would take mine!!:)
Actually, what we have are people who switch the price tags around! Looks like you had lots of treasures in that attic. :)
Crystal
I think you should invite him over often. think how weed free your garden will be. 8-)
Just found your blog on Never Growing Old and became an immediate follower.
http://imsovintage.blogspot.com/
LOL! I hope that "bell pepper" tastes tood in his food! That is way too funny!
That's funny about the weed! I can't wait to see the after picture. I know that it must feel awesome to have that over with. Way to go.
Post a Comment