Wow! God is soooo good, isn't He???
Someone in my family always wants to go with me...not only to hear what the doctor has to say, but to make a sightseeing, eating Memphis BBQ, and shopping trip out of it! This time my son and my momma went along with me. We always drive up (five hours) the day before and do a little sight seeing, go to my appointment the next morning, hit Wolfchase Mall for some shopping, then make that loooong drive home. The drive home always seems longer because we're so tired.
We stayed at the Harrah's Hope Lodge while we were there. It is supported by donations and the American Cancer Society. It's an awesome place to stay and the people are so friendly.
After we visited Sun Studios...where Johnny Cash and Elvis Presley recorded their first records...
we went to eat some Rendezvouz BBQ.
If you are ever in downtown Memphis...
this is the place to go for some finger lickin' good food!

If you are ever in downtown Memphis...
this is the place to go for some finger lickin' good food!
Yea..I'm happy I live in a small town!
When we got back to the Hope Lodge, an artist (who is also a cancer survivor!) came in to draw Caricatures for the patients that were staying there. He comes in once a month and does this...for free!
He said that God blessed him with this talent and also blessed him by removing the cancer from his body! Isn't that awesome? Yea, I think so too!
So here we are....
My Momma..
My son...who is a Perishable Manager
at the grocery store where he works...
he had a little bit more scruffy on his face this night.
and me...
Now...you decide...
is that a Caricature?
Or do we look like characters?
I call them Charactures!
I don't think they look like any of us really...
but the man is a great artist!
And, we sure had a good time having these done!





11 comments:
What great news you had. That is a blessing for sure. I love the caricatures. One of my sons does those and I'm always amazed at how they turn out. It's wonderful that person does them there at the hospital. That was a treat for you all. Hope your Saturday is a great one!
Tina -- GOOD news from the doctor and a good time in Memphis!! I love the drawings.
Blessings!
Gail
I don't know, I'll just call them LOVELY! :)
I'm so glad you received such wonderful news (Praise God, indeed!!!) and also had a wonderful time while you were in Memphis. We always meant to get to Memphis, but still haven't been. Someday.
Hope you have an equally-great weekend,
Linda
Oh those are cool :) Hi I am Jacob :) GLOW (Renee) is my mom :)
This is truly a miracle!! God is good.
So happy to hear the good news. I pray you continue on this road to complete recovery. Sounds like you had a nice time while you were there. I love those charactures!!!
Yay! Great News! We will keep on praying!
Harrah's sounds lovely. Im glad you had a good visit to Memphis. There is so much to see there. My Bestie lives just outside Memphis & we have enjoyed a few of the fun spots & great food when I visit.
I love the Caricatures.. They give a fun spirit. I remember getting one done when I was a teen.
Love to you on this glorious weekend.
Great news. I love the cartoons...LOL.
I would love to have one done.
PRAISE GOD.....HE IS GOOD!
I am so glad to hear your great news! How nice that you got to spend some FUN TIME with your mom and your son.
I have a "characture" done of me one year for Skippy for Christmas. It was HYSTERICAL! lol
Have a WONDERFUL WEEKEND!
Blessings~
Laura
Yes, God is soooo good and I am so happy for you!!!
I'm so happy for you that you had a good report! The caricatures are so neat. It's amazing how these artists can capture something that really is the "you" in the you.
Post a Comment