Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Made with Love!

On most Thursday afternoons, I cook for my son Jason and his friends from work...and sometimes one or two others. I love these guys. They are so much fun to be around and they are so grateful to have a home cooked meal for lunch instead of having to spend their money on fast food. Plus, they have great 'test-tummies' for my new recipes!

I wanted to share with you what they gave me for Christmas. 
You'll have to excuse the glare. I really do need a new camera...I put it on my Christmas list. Apparently, Santa Claus did not get my "I promise I've been good this year" letter....either that ...or he just did not believe me!


Check out the detail! Can you see the little hearts in the O's?



 Aren't they beautiful? For five young men to pick out something like this?..and for me!!!


 Even the back of the spoons are pretty!


 I was so touched by this...and yes, of course I almost cried! They were so excited that the spoons are accurate measurements and I can really use them! I told them I would only use them on the days I cook for them. I just don't want to mess them up! 

Do any of you have an idea as to how I can display these spoons?
I thought of looking for a shadow box, but I need one that I can open and close once a week...since I promised I would use them when I cooked for the guys. I have some ideas already...but I'm still open for suggestions!

Let me know what you think....





12 comments:

Lori said...

I just love those! Beautiful!!!

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

What a sweet gift. You could display them in a small ironstone tray on the counter or in a silver or ironstone creamer....anything you decide to do will be beautiful with these cuties.

Rae said...

Those are adorable. What a sweet gift. Oh for sure you are going to want to display them. Sorry I don't have any ideas to offer.

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Sp special! Maybe a sweet hook or two for them to dangle from. They will be precious displayed however you decide!! :)

Cheryl @ TFD said...

They are beautiful! What a thoughtful and sweet gift. I can just picture them choosing these for you. I love the "made with love" on the back of the spoons. It shows how special you are to them!

Martha said...

These really are gorgeous! If I think of any great ideas for displaying them I'll pop back in :-)

Jen said...

So Sweet!

janis said...

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM! They are so pretty! And I love that there is a pinch, dash, smudge... so cool!

Paula said...

Those are beautiful! I agree with Cindy, a sweet hook or even a lovely mug tree you can hang them from and add some other lovely collectibles to.

Brandie@thecountrycook said...

Awwww - so sweet. I think you should use them instead of displaying them. :)

Ms Bon said...

I have these spoons also! You can get a board with hooks to match the spoons. It's beautiful together! What a nice thought! gift! Calming place to stop by and read..........will be back!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

These are beautiful, such a lovely gift. I like the idea of a shadow box.
Thank you for your visit to The Motivation Station.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...