Thursday, February 17, 2011

Two day adventure....

My momma and I headed out on the road yesterday. 
It's a five hour drive to Memphis...where I go to see my Oncologist.


Of course, we had to stop at a little flea market on the way. 

And look at what I found!!
Isn't this the prettiest plate? I'm not sure how old it is, or if it's even old at all....
but it reminded me of the dishes my grandma used to have...
so of course, I had to buy it!

Then I found this metal tissue box! I fell in love with it...isn't it the cutest?
And it even has holes on the back so you can hang it on the wall by your bed!
Not that I'd hang it on my wall...but I suppose it's always good to have that option!


This is our usual place to stop for our first potty break....

and to grab some of the best chicken livers and corn nuggets this side of Little Rock!
Loaded with carbs and fat....Lip smackin' good I tell ya!
But hey...I washed it down with a DIET Coke!
That should count for something right?


After eating ONLY HALF of that plate of food...
(have to save some for supper!)
we were back on the road.
3 Hours later...we finally hit Memphis!

I love this bridge...not sure why exactly...I think it's because it means "We're Here!"
I don't seem to like it so much on the way back home....


There's St. Jude...God Bless those sweet children, their families and the doctors!
Prayers going up for all of you!!!


This time I was able to stay HERE...
"The facility includes 40 guest rooms, each with a private bath and sleeping accommodations for two. 
There is a community dining, kitchen, library, and recreational areas, 
and each floor will have a day room and guest laundry with 24 hour access"

This place is absolutely amazing!
 I loved it here! The volunteers are so friendly! 
I would have loved to stay here when I had my 8 day radiation treatment,
but it didn't open until last November. 
I am so happy for the patients that are there, 
and those that will be there in the future,
 to have such an awesome place to stay for their short and long term treatment. 
They make you feel at home!


After an evening of visiting with other cancer patients, 
making new friends, 
and a good nights sleep, it was time to head to the doctors office!


Time for an ultrasound and a few pictures!


This is not my picture...it's a picture from The Eye Cancer Network
Can you believe that my tumor used to be bigger than this?
But...
NOT ANYMORE!
Dr. Wilson told me today that my tumor
IS NOW LESS THAN HALF THE SIZE THAT IT WAS
IN THE BEGINNING OF MY TREATMENT!!!

Doing the
THANKING THE GOOD LORD ABOVE
VERY HAPPY DANCE!!!


I just love Dr. Wilson!
(teary dilated eyes makes for a not-so-good picture!)


Wow...what an awesome visit!

Half way home...another potty break!

I come out of the restroom and look what I find?
 My momma playing the 'quarter machine'!
She was so excited that she won her dollar back,
PLUS an extra 75 cents!



Hubby picked up Wendy's for supper...
I know, I know, more carbs and fat...But, YAY...I didn't have to cook!

Now it's time to relax, watch a few DVR'd Hallmark movies
and try to finish this afghan I'm working on for my oldest son!
At the rate I'm going, it'll be too hot to use it by the time I get it finished!


I hope your days were as GREAT as mine!!!



13 comments:

SixBalloons said...

Thank you for such an uplifting post! That tin tissue box is really neat, and so practical too.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the good news!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news. God is so Great!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Wonderful news for you, Tina. And I love your flea market finds! Praying for more great reports for you, Cheryl

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Well, hello from Utah! It's nice to meet you & thank you for stopping by..
Can't believe we have so much in common...I have 4 kiddos - 2 boys and 2 girls..and a total (So far ) 5 grand-kiddos. I love junkin'and hubby usually asks "how much did they pay YOU for removing that from their yard?" Haha haaha...no vision!
I am a cancer survivor {YAY!} breast cancer..14 years now and I'm still buying green bananas knowing I'll be around when then ripen :-)

I will be back and go back over some of the older posts so I can verify we're now twins separated at birth.. ;-D

Rae said...

Great news! Thanks for sharing your visit.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thank the good Lord for His many blessings! You did have good news. What a wonderful place they have for patients to stay there. It has to be a big help when you have so far to travel. I'm so glad you took the time to tell us about it.

Michelle said...

Glad to hear that you received some good news. And, so great that there is a place to stay. LOVE the tissue box. Finding little things like that are the best.

Pitterle Postings said...

I think this sounds like you had a totally amazing day!! I am so happy for you!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That really is great news...to be very thankful for! I enjoyed taking the trip with you! I always get excited crossing that bridge, too! I love the welcome to Arkansas sign! ♥♥♥

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Fantastic news!
I know that bridge, but I like the "Welcome to Arkansas" sign the best. Always good to be heading home.

Kelli said...

I'm so glad to hear that your tumor has shrunk so much! That's wonderful news.

By the way, Norma Jean has those plates too!!!

Rural Rambler said...

What wonderfully fantastic news you got at the Dr.'s appointment Tina! Lunch with your Mom looked oh so good and you found some great treasures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...