Monday, August 22, 2011

Railroad Tracks and Picnik

Don't you just love photos taken on the railroad tracks? I don't know what it is about the tracks, but I think you can take a photo in any outfit and it would turn out beautiful!
And then there's Picnik! Wow..I love my Picnik! I know there others out there, but Picnik was my first love...and well, you know how first loves go.
Never heard of Picnik?...check it out HERE! You can turn any flaw in to perfection, and any new picture in to an old picture! And vice-versa!
So, this weekend...I took my two grandsons to the railroad tracks after it rained (YES! We got rain! It poured for 30 minutes! Woo Hoo!!) 
It was still gloomy out so I thought it would be the perfect time to take the pictures. And I had the perfect subjects... so how can I go wrong?
I just have a little Kodak digital camera...but with Picnik..who can tell? Well, ok. Some of you that are pros at picture taking can...But take a look at what I did?


AUTO-FIX AND CROPPED
 My handsome 8 yr old grandson.

 AUTO-FIX AND SOFT MATTING
Isn't he cute as a button? My 16 mth old grandson.

 BLACK AND WHITE, SOFT MATTING
 I love this picture...big brother-little brother

CROPPED BLACK AND WHITE
 He picked up a rock and started running away from me

 SEPIA TONED...CHOSE MY OWN COLOR
 Watching his brother walk down the tracks

AUTO-EXPOSURE
 He wanted me to take a 'serious' picture

 AUTO-EXPOSURE AND FANCY FOCUS
 Any photo showing the big brother with the little brother is my favorite!


 Each photo was also touched up where needed. I had to use the 'CLONE' feature a few times. The little one decided to pick up and taste a few dirty rocks during our picture taking.
So, if you've never heard of Picnik, try it out. You can use most features without subscribing, but in my opinion...the $4.95 to try it for a month is well worth it!

And if you have subjects as beautiful as mine...any photo will be perfect!
yea...I'm a proud Gramma!



9 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Very cool every one of them but the cutest thing in each one is the boys...so cute! :D

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those pictures are awesome, I love them! I haven't been to picnik, my first was photobucket.

Michelle said...

These turned out so well. I love playing around with picnik.

Corine Moore said...

AWESOME photos! I Love Picnik! I haven't paid for the extra options, though. Did you use any of the paid for features on these?

Oklahoma Granny said...

Railroad track photos are a favorite of mine too. All of your pictures are terrific but I've got to say the 3rd one down has my heart.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love Picnik, too! And the black and white photos are great! Love your sweet grandsons, too! They would look cute in any photo!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Every one of them look professional! And they are cute!!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

What precious boys!!! Your photos are wonderful and I love all the options you chose...you will treasure them for many years to come...GREAT JOB!!!
Blessings,
Cindy

Honey at 2805 said...

Your boys are so cute and make great photo subjects!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...