When I was about due to deliver my oldest daughter, my doctor gave me
a choice to deliver c-section on February 29th or March 1st.
I chose March 1st because I didn't want the kids at school
to tease her about not having a 'birthday' every year.
Now that she is grown, I think February 29th would have been the
perfect day for her to be born.
It's such a unique day...it would have fit perfectly for the unique person that she is!
7-Up cake is her favorite cake!
So, on Monday night I baked this cake for her and on Tuesday
my momma and I drove the four hours, to where she lives,
to surprise her for her birthday!
She was so surprised!!!
We went out to dinner at a cute little Italian restaurant.
I think the lemons from our tea were my youngest grandsons
favorite part of the meal!
My oldest grandson waited patiently for his meal...
The tablecloths were paper, so we spent the time playing tic-tac-toe
and working on his cursive handwriting.
When we returned home, my grandson helped me make the powder sugar glaze.
He said he kind of liked the 'white spots' he made on the cake!
I think it added a nice touch too!
When my son in law asked my daughter, a few days before,
what she wanted for her birthday, she told him
"You're my husband. I think you can "READ" me pretty well!"
She was so excited to see the Kindle and case that he bought for her...
not so surprised...just very excited!
After a great night of celebration and fun time with my daughter and her family,
my momma and I got up the next morning,
took my grandson to school, then headed home.
It always makes me sad to leave them because they live so far away,
but it makes our times together so much more special!
7-Up Cake
1 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon extract
7 oz 7-Up or Sprite
Preheat oven to 325*.
Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugar
until light and fluffy.
Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and lemon extracts.
Beat in the flour alternately with the 7-Up, mixing just until mixed thoroughly.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Allow to cool on a cake rake for 30 minutes before removing from the pan.
Glaze
2 cups powdered sugar
3 TBSP milk or water
1/2 tsp vanilla
Mix together until smooth (to avoid the white spots!)
and drizzle over the top of the cake.






7 comments:
Such pretty faces surround you!!
How wonderful you could make the trip and help celebrate your daughters birthday. I bet she really loved having you there and the cake too. I see she loves purple...my daughter does too.
Sounds delicious and great pictures of a fun celebration. Your daughter is very pretty and glad you had a wonderful get-together.
Blessings always,
Linda
Sounds like a wonderful time together. Can't believe that little one liked those lemons.
happy belated birthday to your daughter; never heard of 7-up cake but it sounds delicious!! glad you were able to spend her special day with her and her family!
betty
What a sweet family you have! I love to hear about them and your trips. I'm gonna jot down that cake recipe. Sounds great!
What a wonderful day! Your daughter is so lucky to have such a loving mother to drive all the way out there for her birthday. And that cake looks delish - I'll definitely be trying it out!
Post a Comment