He was rushed to the emergency room and they performed a CT Scan on him. The doctor found that his sphenoid gland was enlarged and infected. This gland is up above your sinus and being filled with fluid, it can cause so much pressure in the front of your head. This was the cause of his headaches. After a couple more miserable days and more antibiotics, he still was not getting any better. So, he made another trip to another doctor. She realized the seriousness of the problem and referred him to an Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist. He ordered three days of antibiotics and steroid injections and scheduled him for surgery. The doctor also feared a tumor and/or cancer.
Yesterday was finally his day of relief! The doctor had to repair an old break in my sons nose in order to allow the scope to reach up to this gland. After re-breaking his nose and setting it, he was finally able to drain the fluid. There was no sign of a tumor or cancer! The doctor reported nothing but good news!
My son is still hurting, but nothing like he was before. He says that this pain is so much more tolerable compared to the pain he suffered from the headaches.
During most of this time, their baby was also sick...runny nose, cough and fever..she was miserable. Between my daughter in law and me, we held down the fort. If she wasn't able take care of them due to her work schedule or running errands, I was with them. My DIL is a rock. She's a great wife and mother. And now she's exhausted...but never once complained.
My DIL had to return to work today and the baby is so much better so she went to the sitter to play with her friends. I went over to their house this morning to sit with and take care of my son for the day.
As he slept in his recliner, I sat on the couch and watched him sleep. All I could do was pray and thank God for taking care of this child of mine. It doesn't matter how old he is...he's still my baby.
My son and his wife
13 comments:
What an incredibly frightening time you all have had. I have never heard of that condition. I am so glad he finally got some relief and hope he is 100% soon.
He is in my prayers.
Thank the dear Lord for his many blessings. I'm glad they were able to determine what was wrong and fix it. I've never even heard of that gland before. Life is full of surprises isn't it. Happy endings are wonderful though. Once you are a mom you are always a mom no matter how old they get.
Oh my Goodness! What a fright. Thank Goodness it has been resolved and he is on the mend.
How wonderful you are Blessed with such a great DIL. My prayers for my daughters include that God will find them husbands that will love them like that, and be Godly men. I so hope to have SIL's like your DIL.
Love to you~ So glad your Baby is on the mend.
So very glad that everything is okay now! Very scary indeed. I have, what was diagnosed through an MRI, as Sinus Disease, but I have no plans to have surgery, so I just suffer through the pressure. Sometimes, it swells up and looks like I have a lump above my eyes and nose and I wonder what's going on in there, but thankfully my sinus migraines are not like they used to be so it's tolerable.
So glad to hear that everything turned out okay!!
Glad for the good news and hope he feels better soon- goodness, who knew sinus problems could get so severe? I surely didn't!
Glad and thankful son is on the road to recovery and you were able to be there to help them out. Great looking couple they make!
betty
Oh my goodness, I can't believe that happened to him. So glad that they finally figured out what was wrong with him. Sorry they had to re break his nose, ouch! Glad he is doing better.
So glad it is all good news. I am glad he is feeling better and on his way to recovery.
Praise the Lord! And it is so true - he will always be your baby. I'm so thankful to hear he was alright and you are a phenomenal Mother and Grandmother to step in during their time of need. Everyone should be so fortunate to have some like you in their lives.
I've never heard of that before, but thank goodness the doc figured it out and provided him with some relief for those headaches. How scary that must have been for all of you!
Oh, this post was starting to scare me. I can't imagine how you all must have felt when he wasn't getting better. Such a relief. How blessed your family is with the wonderful news.
Such a cute couple!
Those headaches can be anything it seems. My husband had a agonizing headache in September and it turned out to be a tick disease, Ehrlichiosis, and he could have died. I am glad your son's was diagnosed so quickly abd that he is doing well!
Post a Comment