My youngest (almost 21 yr old) daughter is fit as a fiddle! It's pretty obvious she did not get her speedy metabolism from me!
She has been a dancer since she was a small child. She'd put on some music, grab a microphone (a.k.a. candle stick) and off she'd go! When she began her teen years, (post tom-boy stage) she took dance lessons..tap, jazz, ballet, toe, clogging...you name it...she loves to dance! That girl can move in ways I never thought a body could move!
She has been a dancer since she was a small child. She'd put on some music, grab a microphone (a.k.a. candle stick) and off she'd go! When she began her teen years, (post tom-boy stage) she took dance lessons..tap, jazz, ballet, toe, clogging...you name it...she loves to dance! That girl can move in ways I never thought a body could move!
She began working out at our local gym about 2 years ago...and now has a six-pack and leg and arm muscles like I could only dream of having! The fitness director asked her if she would be interested in being the new Zumba instructor at the gym... she was so excited! She was so determined to fill this position, that during one of our 'snow storms', against my better judgement, she drove the 5 hour drive to certification class! She is now Zumba and CPR certified! She also works part time at a nutrition center and assists with casting while also performing in a play at the high school. She loved Drama class when she was in school, so any chance she gets to assists or perform with the school or at the Arts Center she does it...And she's sooo good at it!
She's also on our church softball team! Is there anything this girl can not do? And she still finds time to sleep!
Oh, and did I mention...she's on a semester break from college while she gets her job training and scheduling in order? She's always wanted to be able to support herself through school...Miss Independent! Besides for dance, fitness and drama, her passion is Marine Biology!
She says that one day that will be her on Animal Planet... hosting Shark Week!
She sure knows how to make a momma proud!



22 comments:
Mamas have bragging rights and with good reason! You should be very proud of your daughter!!
Thanks for stopping by for a visit and I'm glad you were touched by my recent post, thus my reason for sharing my personal thoughts and answers to my prayers. We are not alone!
Please come by again.
Blessings, Cora
Your daughter is just a wonderful young lady. With all that talent it's a wonder she's into marine biology. Congrats on her new job and I hope she enjoys her break. My children always worked while in college and supported themselves through it all but their jobs were not ones they could enjoy so much. I hope your Wednesday is a wonderful one!
I love ZUMBA! Well, I loved the class at The Indiana Heart Hospital, but hated another I tried with a crappy show off instructed. My Mom started taking it recently and really loves her class (too far from me).
How proud you must be of your lovely fit & talented daughter! YEA for her! And for you since you are the Mama♥
A good Zumba instructor is worth her weight in gold! I've had one I didn't like and now have one I love. Being able to connect with your clients is so important. Congrats to you both!
Your daughter is amazing!
You should brag... thats alot to brag about, I bet it does make you so proud...
Zumba is so great! Nice to see she is so active in dance. Loved the 2008 costume!
I thought Zumba was a video game. I have so much to learn!
I have never taken zumba before, but have to admit I have thought about it. She sounds like she is a total joy! You have every right to be proud.
You should brag! What an accomplished young lady and beautiful too! She didn't do it all alone. She had a great role model! :-)
Wow, this is impressive. What a go getter she is.
Wishing her every success in all that she does.
I'm visiting from the Follow Along Party & am now a follower. You should brag. Isn't that what we as Moms & Grammas are suppose to do! Our kiddoes are suppose to make us proud just because they have become the good people we tried to teach them to be.
CAS
Beautiful daughter, you have a right to be proud of her. Love your blog and am a new follower coming from the Follow Along Linky Party.
Have a God Filled Day
Shirley
Hi I'm your newest follower. Found you on follow along. check out my site and you will see I love sunflowers also. Where did you find the sunflower buttons? I would love to use them too. Janet
Oh my goodness! What a fabulous body!! Mama's are always entitled to bragging rights and you have so much to brag about. I have drank a 6 pack, but never got to show one off like that-LOL!
Hey I was able to copy the button. Thanks so much! it goes great with the sunflower theme!!!!!
You have a lot to be proud of in that girl of yours!! I'll be on the lookout for her on Animal Planet :)
Blessings!
Gail
Thank you for visiting my blog & following me back.
CAS
This is my 3rd attempt to tell you that your daughter is absolutely beautiful. So if you get duplicate comments you will know to delete them. You have every right to brag!!!
She is just beautiful! And very talented to boot!
My daughter will be 21 in May (Mommy to my grandbaby) looks like we have a lot in common!
Hugs to you,
Cindy
Hi there, thanks for visiting my blog. Your daughter is beautiful and that Zumba thing is so in right now! I tried it once..pant pant..but it is fun! Come say hi any time :D
She's beautiful and this is a joy to read :)
Sarah has always been very active as well, but not so much with sports. Cheerleading has been her only sport. She just has a bundle of energy much like I do, except she's still a skinny little stick, whereas I am not anymore, but always was until my late 30s. I wish I liked to workout, but I just don't, so walking has to be it for fitness for me. :)
Post a Comment