I love her new house. It's in a very nice neighborhood and not secluded like the other house is. My older grandson will be able to play outside with the neighbor kids, so he's pretty excited about that.
My daughter had planned a much needed-well deserved-girls weekend out, so I brought my grandsons home with me since their daddy had to work...and I wanted more Gramma time too! But, I also needed to get back in time to watch my youngest grand-daughter. Of course, I was running late, but making good time with no potty breaks.
The oldest grandson was busy playing with his Nintendo DS...FULL BLAST..."because the sounds effects aren't any good if you don't have the volume turned all the way up"!! But the baby was tired of riding in the car seat and started fussing, I was trying to entertain him by teaching him the sounds that animals make. The last one was "what does a doggy say?" He got that one down pretty good since he has a little doggy at home and he's familiar with the sound! ARF, ARF! ARF!!
I had the rear view mirror tilted down so I could see the baby in the back seat. I was almost back in to city limits, when I looked in my side-view mirror and saw this:
Oh great..what did I do wrong? Well, come to find out, while I was looking in the rear-view mirror at my grandson, I missed the speed limit sign when it reduced speed by 10 mph. So instead of driving 3 miles over speed limit, I was driving 13 mph over!!! No wonder he pulled me over! I do tend to have a
The nice officer walked up to my side of the car and shined his sun-bright-high-beam-like-flash light in my face.
"You in a hurry?"
"Yes sir, as a matter of fact I am" I said...in a very sweet innocent tone of voice, of course.
Key in background noise "ARF ARF ARF.....VAROOM, CRASH, OH NO!...ARF ARF ARF"
He told me what he clocked me at. I told him why I missed the sign. He asked me where I was going. I told him I was headed to the softball complex to pick up my grand-daughter so I can watch her while my son and his wife play in the CHURCH (had to throw that word in...I knew only God could help me now!) league softball game"
Key in more background noise "ARF ARF ARF....BANG BANG, "I MISSED", BANG BANG...ARF ARF ARF"
Then he asked me where I was coming from. "I'm coming from my daughters house, 4 hours away"
"Who are these kids with you?" "They are my grandsons. I brought them home with me until Tuesday."
After a series of more (of what I thought were unnecessary) questions "What ages are the kids?" "What church do you play for?" "What time is the game?", he finally asked for my drivers license and proof of insurance. "Mam, your insurance is with State Farm?..I hear the man at this office is no longer in business" "No sir, a woman took over and she's running the office now." What does that matter? As long as I'm insured right? And then....go figure...the nice officer looked at my insurance papers and said that the only proof it shows is that my insurance expired in November! What? Oh No! My hubby took my insurance papers and card to work to make copies of them! He had to insure a new (to us) vehicle his company just gave to him. (I love free stuff...especially automobiles!) He never put it back in my glove box! UGH! What now officer?
Key in even more background noise "MAMAMAMAMA....ARF ARF ARF....OH NO..GET BACK HERE GUY..YAY, I GOT HIM...MAMAMAMA...ARF ARF ARF"
Ok...by this time, all I could think of was "how am I going to pay for this ticket?" Speeding, no proof of insurance, and now I'm sure of a noise violation....the list of offenses was getting longer by the minute!
The nice officer came back to my car, after running my tags through to dispatch, and found out that I have a clean driving record...I'm just
He gave me back my license and expired insurance papers, looked at me and said "Mam", as my older grandson looked up from his game to say "Gramma, if you really were speeding, you do deserve to get a ticket!" WHAT? I thought you were on my side! Aren't you Gramma's boy?
The officer laughed...."No mam, I'm not going to give you a ticket this time. I don't think anybody could possibly make all of this stuff up!"
Brandie at THE COUNTRY COOK was having a give-a-way, so I entered. Like I said earlier, I love free stuff, and who doesn't like to win prizes?...but this jewelry is absolutely beautiful! If I didn't win it, I was going to ask how I could buy it! Here's what Brandie said about it: "So here it is - courtesy of my Momma. She sells this jewelry and it is called lampwork glass jewlery....This jewlery is all handmade by a highly skilled artist who uses a torch and different colored glass to create these works of art."
I love the little cross!
Thank you soooo much Brandie!
And be sure to tell your Momma thank you too!
I absolutely love it..and the beautiful bag it came in!
What a great gift this is! I'm still excited!
I love to visit The Country Cook's blog!
We have a lot in common..
a great love for family...
and food!!
![]() | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
I took the grand-baby back to my daughter last night. I had so much fun with him. He's almost a year old and he gets in to everything!!
He's almost mastered walking on his own...
won't be too much longer!
My momma and I met my daughter at her in-laws where she hosted a Park Lane Jewelry party. She going to start selling this jewelry ...and I'm thinking about it...not quite sure yet.
My oldest grandson is spending the rest of his Spring Break with me. His 8th birthday is Saturday and we're having his party here at my house. It's been a long while since I've hosted a young ones birthday party...
this ought to bring back a lot of memories for me.
I hope your week has been as great as mine!
p.s. I'm tired!




24 comments:
Whew, it was long but it was marvelous!!! Heeehehehe!!! I learned to drive when the speed limit was 70 on regular rural roads. It's kinda hard not to have my foot to the floor. It's just the way I fly.
I'm thrilled the officer did not ticket ya. You sure don't need no stinkin' ticket!
Happy early birthday to your grandson. Your gonna have a blast!!!
God bless and have a most amazin' day sweetie!!!
I'm tired too..and ihave a headache worring about if you were going to get a ticket! LOL I'm glad you didn't. What a hecktic time. I love your pretty things way to win! ;D
Busy, busy! What a story about the police officer. You are a good grandma having all those grandkids with you!
I bet you are tired! Oh My!
So glad the Officer gave you the break. Sometimes, we certainly need them♥
this is too funny! I got "pulled" over once and it was really that I got out of the car and he was behind me with no lights. I thought he was paying his water bill also since that is where I was. Nope he came up to me and asked about my seat belt, wich I left off because I had only went one block. My little one, about 3, was buckled but the whole time asked " do you have a gun, are you going to shoot her?" lol and then like you no current insurance and then he bent over for something and the wind blew my door shut and it hit him in the rear and he almost fell over. So I for one feel your pain "laughter". Thanks for sharing this!
WOW! I'll bet your tired. I'm tired, and all I did was read about it! lol
I'm so glad you didn't get a ticket. Thank the Lord for police officers with a sense of humor!
Blessings~
Laura
That story is absolutely darling! I love the honesty of a child! Out of the mouthes of babes, right??? LOLOLOLOL!
"No mam, I'm not going to give you a ticket this time. I don't think anybody could possibly make all of this stuff up!"
This is why he asked you all of those questions. A fair minded officer listened to you, really listened, and made a judgement call. Good for him, and for you!
Thank you for your comments! I love visitors! I'm apologize for a long post...and I cut it down some! It was longer! hehe! Dreams...I love your story! At least your child was concerned about you being shot..my grandson was throwing me under the bus! LOL He's just a good kid like that though..he knows that speeding is wrong!
Thanks Arby...never really looked at it that way!
Wow. What an experience. Thank goodness the officer was nice and did not give you a ticket. I am baffled by all his questioning though.
Hi,
I found you from the follow along @ Making the world cuter. I am now following you and you can follow me back. Wasnt that a great idea?? Here is a link to a post I did for the follow along. It has all my information. Thanks so much!!
http://measuredbytheheart.blogspot.com/2011/03/its-follow-along-party.html
This was a hoot to read :) Loved it.
You have been very busy. Love the traffic ticket story! Hope the party is full of fun and Happy Birthday to your grandson.
I can see why you are tired...moving, babysitting, driving, avoiding a ticket...man, I just spend time with the grands and I am pooped!!
Your story was hilarious - much funnier in retrospect I'm sure. I really enjoyed reading it. The things we do for our kids and grandkids! They are exhausting but worth it!
Candy
How wonderful that you didn't get a ticket, especially after your grandson sided with the cop :-)
Thanks so much for your prayers for my nephew.
Blessings,
Marcia
Ok, it's not funny but I had a good chuckle out of that one. That was most certainly God's favor on your side for not getting a ticket.
Oh my! What a story! Truth really is better than fiction! Love your beautiful new jewelry! WOW! ♥
you got lucky with that cop but they ask all those questions because of all the people who do break the law. Glad you had such a great visit with the babies.
Oh Tina - you deserve Gramma of the year for that experience!! Thank God the officer let you go. We can laugh about it now, right?
So happy you are enjoying the jewelry! I knew you were the perfect person for it (and obviously random.org did too...hee hee).
Hugs to you!! Hopefully this will be a very uneventful week for you!! :)
It always seems like something suddenly goes missing, or loud, or wrong when you get pulled over, no? (Not that I'd know anything about that, ahem :)
Glad you and the kids made it back safe and ticketless!
Oh that reminds me of my one and only speeding ticket...right in front of my son all decked out in his boy scout uniform...oy vey
Sounds like a busy, busy week, but always a great time when the grands are involved!
oh my too funny! That's something my kids would say!! My boys were thrilled when hubby got pulled over. (They love police and firefighters and anyone in uniform lol) THey asked for WEEKS afterwards for hubby to get pulled over again, LOL
Thanks for linking up to Friendly Wednesday - I'm following you back!
www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com
Funny story! And congrats on your giveaway win!
Just stopping by to return the favour and follow you back!
Hope you have a lovely week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment