Thursday, March 10, 2011

Quick and Easy Chicken Quesa-jitas

It's that time of year again...softball practice for our church league has begun. That means quick meals so the guys can head off to practice. And ...I can play with my grandbaby while her mommy and daddy practice too.


I try not to buy pre-cooked meats, but if they are on sale and it's going to save me money, as well as time...well, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Tonight, I whipped up some
Quick and Easy Chicken Quesa-jitas
Grilled Chicken Strips
Fajita seasoning of choice
Flour tortillas
Mexi-Cheese
Onion and Bell Pepper, sliced thin

You can use as much of each ingredient as needed for you and your family and save the rest for later. This bag of Grilled Strips made 7 Quesa-jitas...only because the men in my house are meat eaters! I can't skimp when it comes to putting meat in their Quesa-jitas like I do mine.

Put your chicken strips (2 per Quesa-jita) on a plate and heat in microwave as per instructions on the package.
Slice up a little bit of onion and bell pepper (if you don't already have them sliced and frozen in a ziplock bag in the freezer for more added convenience).
In a skillet, over medium heat, add a dab of oil and the onion and bell pepper slices.




Saute' the onions and peppers until they are soft. I stir in a teaspoon full of brown sugar to add a little bit of sweetness.





In another skillet, add chicken strips and fajita seasoning of choice...just enough to coat chicken. Mix together and cook until heated through...about 3 minutes.

 Spray sandwich maker with non-stick spray. If you do not own a sandwich maker, then you can use a non-stick skillet, sprayed with non-stick spray, set on medium heat.
Set tortilla on sandwich maker, as shown. Add chicken mixture, onion and peppers, then mexi-cheese. Pull other half of tortilla over first half and close and seal the lid.  Heat for approx 3 - 4 minutes.
Cook the same way in a skillet, except after about 2 - 3 minutes you will need to carefully turn the fajita over to cook the other side. Remove and set on plate.

Cover with or dip in Salsa and Sour Cream!

This was mine...not so fully loaded...



This one belonged to one of the men folk....FULLY LOADED! Where o' where do they put it?



Happy Eating!



15 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

Oh, my! I'm hungry now.

Rae said...

Exactly what I fixed for supper last night. They were so good too.

Unknown said...

Those look so yummy!! Will have to try them soon!

Ashley said...

Oh these look delicious! I am going to try this soon!

Brandie said...

Quesa-jitas - love it. And yes, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Ain't no shame in our game, right? Love this meal!!
Oooooh softball season - yay! Spring is around the corner!! :)
Oh! Before I forget - come on over, I'm having a fun giveaway :)

betty said...

yum!! I like that they seem easy to make too! I will have to try these sometime!! thanks for sharing your recipe/technique with us!

betty

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They look delicious, thank you!
Have a great weekend.

BundlesofBlossoms said...

It's around 11:20pm and I just read this and my belly is growling so much, now, that I might have to go get a small bowl of salsa with some tortilla chips and simply make do-LOL!

What a delish recipe-keep'em coming, Tina!

Yolanda said...

Looks good. I will have to try this. I am glad to have found your blog.

Callie said...

quesadillas are one of my easy go-to meals. love them.
Newly GFC following you (found you through the Follow Along Linky). I'm new to blogging and working on redecorating a condo from scattered-still-looks-like-college-hodgepodge-meets-man-cave and changing it into a cohesive home. One little bit of inspiration and small project at a time. My blog has all sorts of things that make me smile plus I'm cataloging my inspiration there as well. And once I've got a few before and after pictures, I'll be sharing my projects.

Love your blog--thank you for sharing your projects--I just love bloggyland for all the fabulous inspiration and I definitely try to follow anyone who has similar tastes to me and good projects!

www.lovemymrmason.blogspot.com

Sarafan2 said...

I'm new here from the Blog Hop. Keep on cooking them awesome looking meals.

Sarafan2

Sarafan2 said...

Thanks for stopping by. You have such an beautiful family! Hope to chat again!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! These look great. I've never tried to cook them myself. I'm a new follower from Tuesday Train. http://www.grandmasguidetolife.blogspot.com

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Those look AWE~SOME!! And they're quick too!!!

Thanks for joining the Tuesday Train ~ hope to see you back next week!!

aimee said...

That looks delicious! Hopping by here from Tuesday Train hop. I am your newest follower via GFC. Hope you could follow back. Thanks! http://aimee-girltalk.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...