Food just tastes so much better when it's hot off the grill.
Salmon is one of our favorites. I bought a package of frozen salmon pieces this time. I normally buy it fresh, in steak size portions, but they didn't seem to have anything that was too mouth watering on the day I needed them. But, my son, the grilling chef whiz that he is, knew just what to do to make them taste like we just pulled them out of the water and slapped them on the grill...with two simple ingredients.
Grilled Garlic and Herb Salmon
Brush Garlic and Herb marinade w/lemon juice on the (thawed) salmon, and let sit, covered, in the fridge for about an hour.Remove from fridge and sprinkle with Roasted Garlic and Herb seasoning.
Grill, and baste with marinade, for approx 25 minutes, give or take a few minutes...depends on the thickness of your fish.

While my son was outside manning the grill, I was inside preparing this wonder side dish!
Garlic and Herb Shrimp and Rice1 pkg of seasoning blend
Rice (I used instant)- cook enough for 4 - 5 servings
1 TBSP oil
1 TBSP Roasted Garlic and Herb seasoning
1 TBSP Herb and Garlic Marinade w/lemon juice
Medium size Shrimp - 4 pieces per serving - tails removed and cut in half
Saute seasoning blend in TBSP of oil as per directed on package. Add Shrimp. Stir in Garlic and Herb seasoning and Herb and Garlic Marinade. Saute until Shrimp is heated through.
Add to rice and toss lightly...just until mixed together. (if you stir too much the rice will end up thick and soggy)
And there you go...wah lah! Dinner is served!
Hope you're having a great, sunshiny weekend!




3 comments:
Oh, now I am hungry, and the store is nearly an hour away!! It looks really good. I am definitely going to need to try that seasoning. We cook with our grill all year too, even in the snow. My husband moves it onto the back porch. Thank goodness it is propane.
You are making me hungry and I've already eaten. Grilled Salmon is one of my favorites!! In fact, when we eat out I OFTEN order salmon because it isn't my husband favorite. The side dish sounds and looks delicious.
Have a God Filled Day
Shirley
Sounds like a delicious meal. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
Post a Comment