VISIT WITH MY DAUGHTER
AND HER FAMILY
WHO LIVE 4 HOURS TOO FAR AWAY!
My sweet, always smiling grandson, ready for bed.
My oldest (and also very sweet) grandson....
getting in a little TV before bedtime!
If I laid like that for too long...I'd get a cramp!
The kiddos are in the bed...so we played!
My daughter bowling...GUTTER BALL!
My son-in-law bowling...STRIKE!
and then there's me....throwing an invisible javelin!
Do you realize how hard that is?
Of course, we worked up an appetite!
So, my daughter, with her incredible,
imaginative cooking skills,
cooked a late night breakfast!
Whole wheat, Brandy Loves Jason pancakes!!!
The next day, while the oldest was in school...
we went "New Car Shopping"
We spent a quiet evening at home,
enjoying a warm fire and some family time.
The next morning, we let the parents sleep in while the oldest grandson
showed me how he can beat me playing X-Box!
Considering I never play...
the odds on him winning were pretty great!
Then the little guy woke up.
After his breakfast, he wanted to play!
"Hey Gramma..want me to show you how to empty my toy box?
You take out a toy, taste it, then throw it on the floor!"
After the parents woke up, the rest of us had breakfast
then we hit the road...did a little sight seeing
and headed up the mountain!
We wanted to find this lake they've been told about...
great place to camp and fish!
After driving for a while, of course we had to stop
for a 'potty' break...And a few pictures!
We really enjoyed the scenery.
but not all of it looked like this...
Some of it looked like this....
the side of the mountain on one side,
and a drop off on the other!
We drove up this mountain for 4 hours...going very slow,
praying for safety and no on-coming traffic...
and being very grateful that my son-in-law
is a fantastic driver!
And....we finally found the place we were looking for...
and it was CLOSED!! Go figure huh?
Soooo...we took more pictures!
What boy can't find a stick that looks like a gun?
And of course, there wasn't a deer in sight!
After a loooong day on the road,
we headed home to cook supper.
Chef Tryston helped me cook!
Look for him one day on the Food Network!
Then you can say, you saw him here first!!
Full bellies and more family time....
and of course..more pictures!
Before bedtime, I sat down with Tryston and taught him
the basics on his new guitar! He sure caught on quick!
He's such a smart boy! Sure makes a Gramma proud!
First thing this morning, it was time for me to head home.
I sure did not want to leave.
And I miss them already.














10 comments:
Looks like you had an awesome visit!! Your grandson's are adorable!
Have a great week.
Jane
Looks like a wonderful family time making memories...
I'm so glad you had a great visit. I bet you do miss them. I say, plan another trip!
What a delightful visit. What a bummer that the lake area was closed after traveling on such snowy roads.
Sure am glad that there were no pictures of the actual "potty break."
I have been whipped at Wii. It is harder than it looks.
Start planning now for the next visit.
What a wonderful visit. I love spending time with my Grands too. Your grandson's are just so cute!!!! There is nothing like them.
Tina...what a lovely time with your sweet family. Hope your next visit with them is SOON! Those grandboys are sure precious :)
Blessings!
Gail
What a fun visit. You sure packed a whole lot of fun into a very short amount of time.
You have a lovely family. I enjoyed your photos. Everyone looks like they were having a great time.
It looks like you and your family had a great visit. Personally, I would have been scared half to death going up that icy mountain and, especially, back down it. Glad you all made it safely up and down.
Such precious boys! That baby has the most incredible blue eyes.
Where do they live that's near a mountain lake? Beautiful drive.
And you play guitar, too, along with your other many talents. I've always wanted to learn to play guitar. My husband even bought me one for Christmas one year, but I couldn't stand holding down the strings and sticking with it long enough to develop calluses. I'm just a wuss, I guess. :)
Post a Comment