Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wow! Thank you God!

This story is a little longer than usual...but I just have to share it!

 I strongly believe that God can and will put us in a position where we we can be used by Him. A situation where we can chose right from wrong. A situation to show HIS love through us. A situation to help others.

This morning I woke up so excited about the snow we are suppose to get tomorrow. That's about all I had on my mind...and the fact that I had a few groceries I needed to pick up. I wanted to get there before the stores were bombarded with people stocking up on the necessary essentials in case they lose power! 

Wal Mart was nuts! But I ran in to some old friends and we were able to catch up with what is going on in our lives. It's amazing how you can live in a small town and not see someone for two years! But, now...after talking for so long....I was running late! Or was I?

As I was leaving the Wal Mart parking lot, I saw a couple standing on the side of the road with a sign that read "Please help us. Anything will do." I did not have a dime on me. I felt terrible. How could I just drive by them and not do anything to help? So, I headed to McDonald's and picked up two meals for them, got some cash, put it in the bag, and headed back down the road to where they were. I parked in the gas station parking lot behind them, got out of my car and walked up to them. When I handed them the bag of food, the woman started to cry. The man shook my hand, then the woman shook my hand, then hugged me...with the biggest hug!  People that were stopped at the red light were watching us. As I walked back to my car, several people rolled down their window and started handing them money! Wow! Thank you God!

I ran home to put up my groceries and then my hubby and I headed to my mom's house. She bought a TV cabinet and she needed help putting it together and help moving some furniture around.
On the way there, I saw this older gentleman standing on the side of the road by his car. He had his spare tire out and leaning against his car...but he was just standing there, not doing anything. People ahead of me drove right on past him. So, I pulled over. Bless his heart, he was struggling with the lug nuts on his blown out tire. The man's tire iron was too big to fit snug on the lug nuts in order to get them off and the tools he had weren't working for him either. My husband got our tire iron out of the trunk and was able to take care of it for him. We couldn't believe it was a perfect fit! Once the tire was taken care of and the gentleman was ready to go, we headed on down the road again. Wow! Thank you God!

My momma and I had to run to Wal Mart to buy a longer cable cord. When I pulled up in the parking lot, I saw an older woman sitting in her car next to mine and was trying to yell "I'm over here!"  to someone across the parking lot. She looked exhausted. Then I saw this young man, about age 18, doing wheelies with his buggy and yelling "where are you?" Another woman was walking behind him, looking around like she'd lost her car. I assumed they were the people she was yelling at, but couldn't see her in her car. I motioned for him to come over to where I was and he came running up to us...pushing that buggy as fast as he could, all the while... still doing wheelies with it! Once he got closer, I realized that although he looked about 18, he was like a small child. "Did you see me popping wheelies with my buggy?" "Was I going really high?" "Do you know it's suppose to snow?" We stood there...well, I stood there....he was jumping up and down... and talked for a few minutes while his mother put her things, that actually survived the buggy wheelie ride, in the car. I told him about how I was also very excited that it was going to snow. We finished the conversation with him saying "I bet you like snow because you like throwing snowballs!" "Yes, you're right...I sure do!" His mother thanked me for helping them and talking to her son while she loaded up her car and helped her mother get situated in her seat. She then led him to get in the car. He turned and looked at me and said "I like you." Wow! Thank you God!

Several hours later, my husband and I headed home. It was dark and there weren't very many cars out on the road. As I started to go around a curve in the road, I noticed flames in the wooded area off to the side. I woke up my husband (who falls asleep every time we drive anywhere!) and told him that believe I just saw a fire. I did a U-turn in the road and came back to it. Sure enough...about 10 feet in to the woods, an old log was on fire. We got out to check on it and saw that, apparently, someone thought they had the fire put out...some of the ground was already burned and also pretty wet. But that smoldering log re-lit itself with the help of some dry branches and off it went! We called 911..which ended up being a volunteer fire department in that area. We looked around in the woods and found several other patches of fire,...they weren't very tall...about a 6 inches to a foot high...but fire is fire!....then we looked up and noticed a log home behind the trees. My husband ran up to knock on the door and nobody answered. A few minutes later, the fire department arrived. He pulled up in his water truck and got ready to hose it down. By that time the fire had headed up a tree full of dry branches and it was burning pretty fast!  He looked at me and asked "How on earth did you see that fire?" I just happened to be looking in that direction and saw it as I was driving by. Wow! Thank you God!

You see, this story isn't about me and what I've done. This story is about God and what HE allowed, encouraged and helped me to do!
We were suppose to go to Wal Mart and to my momma's house last night. Why we didn't and decided to go today is now quite obvious.
God used me in several situations today. God put me in a position to help others. How could I not do His will? I have been Blessed....again. Wow! Thank you God!

"...for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose." Phillippians 2:13  NIV

8 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

What an amazing day. Many others that day were put in the same position as you, the difference is, you stopped to do something that actually changed lives while they continued with a blind eye. The people you helped were blessed but so were you.
It is nice to meet someone who knows how to "see."

Paula said...

Great stories and testimonies to the fact that if we listen, God is always talking to us.
I'm glad you were an available tool for him.
The question of the day... DID you get snow?? My cousins in central Arkansas said they were expecting some. We got about 2 inches here last night and still have flurries. Of course, I'm in Rhode Island :) Have a blessed day.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

The great thing is that you followed through with what you did. A lot of people wouldn't have taken the time to stop and do anything at all like you did. I hope your Sunday is a wonderful one!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Super story...you are blessed..!!

Enjoy

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Wow, you were one busy lady.

Congrats on all your hardwork and becoming the featured Friday!

Ginny’s Lazy B Ranch said...

Wow, what a wonderful day. I was introduced to you through Gooseberry Patch e-mail. This is the first time I have read your blog, but I am so glad I did today. I have a blog, but I am a teacher and don't have a lot of time to write on my blog. www.ginnybs.blogspot.com It is so nice to meet your and I am so glad God puts us where we need to be.

Tire Swing Mom said...

What a great post! Thank you for sharing this. It is wonderful to know that there are still people who allow God to work through them.

Bob West said...

Great story Tina ... God is so good
all the best, Bob

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...