I love being a Gramma! I thoroughly enjoy spending time with my grandchildren!
When I'm with my older grandchildren, we talk, read, play games, watch movies, bake goodies together, ...the list is long. We have so much fun together!
But, when I'm with my younger grandchildren, although we are having the greatest time, I feel as though I have to be re-educated as to where my place as a Gramma really is!
So, after spending more time with both of my younger grandbabies these past couple of weeks, I thought I would share with you the the rules of baby-hood that I already knew, but apparently needed to be reminded of!
From the mouth of a sweet 9 month old:
(if only they could talk!)
When I rub my eyes, it doesn't mean I'm ready for bed.
I still have at least another half-hour of play left in me.
If you sit down to eat, do not feed me that bland baby food.
I want some of what you're eating.
If you have a cup with a straw in it, plan on giving me the first drink.
A little slobber and backwash never hurt anybody.
If you don't want me to play with the jewelry you're wearing,
don't wear it!
If you smell something disgusting...Yes, it's probably coming from my diaper.
Leave it...I'm too busy to be changed.
Whether you can stand the smell is not important.
It does not affect the 'important' things I have to do!
If I happen to call you by three different names...
all in one day...
You are expected to know which name is yours
and answer accordingly.
If you hear me waking up from my nap
and don't come and get me right away...
well... just know that leaving me in the bed for
two minutes longer is unacceptable.
If you want me to do my 'new trick' more than one time,
you must do it at least six times for me.
After I laugh at you repeatedly,
I will consider whether or not I want to do it again.
If you feel my gums to check for a new tooth that's coming in,
your chances of me biting you are pretty great.
If you think putting your finger in my mouth
to check for this new tooth is amusing,
to check for this new tooth is amusing,
then the words "no no" is not what you say
when I put my hand in your mouth!
And if I open my mouth and smear my slobber
all over your face, it just means....
I love you.
And if I open my mouth and smear my slobber
all over your face, it just means....
I love you.
I will say it again...
I LOVE BEING A GRAMMA!!
7 comments:
LOVE IT!!! I am ready for another baby ;)_
Very precious Tina! I look forward to the days.
Your translations remind me of the way cats think too!
Have a Blessed weekend!
This is great, Tina. Brings back so many memories of having my two baby boys. You really described the experience so beautifully!
So sweet and so true. Babies are truly a blessing!
Love it!! Especially because it is totally true!
So Sweet.
Oh my goodness-what a wonderful post! I could relate to every single one of those little signs/languages. How interesting it was to see them all compiled into one fabulous post! What an awesome grandma you are to recognize all of these sweet little things!
Post a Comment