Monday, January 31, 2011

Supper's Ready!!!

I have a lot of cookbooks on my shelves..and even some packed in boxes in the attic! But, there are a certain few that I would consider my favorites...This is one of them. Slow Cooker, Casseroles & Skillets.
Last summer, I was one of many winners to the first part of a contest that Gooseberry Patch was having. I was given this book, plus an extra and was asked to host a Book Review Party, take photos and send them in to be voted on by other Facebook fans. No, I didn't win the final round, but I was still a winner! I received this complimentary cookbook AND I had the best time with my friends. It's a night that I will never forget!
I have been using recipes from this cookbook ever since the first day I received it in the mail. The recipes are the simple, down home, lip smackin' good kind of recipes that I love to cook for my family! You know the kind....they taste like you've been slaving in the kitchen all day!
One of our favorites from this cookbook is HEAVENLY CHICKEN. So, I decided to pop that in the oven for supper tonight. This recipe only takes a few minutes to prepare, but it takes 2 hours to bake...so start early! Again...another keeper!


HEAVENLY CHICKEN
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 oz pkg sliced swiss cheese
2 10 3/4 oz cans cream of chicken soup
1 3/4 cup stuffing mix
1 cup butter, melted

Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 13" x 9" baking pan.
Arrange cheese slices over chicken, covering to edges.


Spread soup over cheese., extending to edges.


Sprinkle with stuffing mix.

 Drizzle melted butter over stuffing.

Cover and bake at 300* for one hour. 
Uncover; continue baking for one additional hour.
(I baked it for 20 more minutes and it was done. I think any longer than that and the stuffing will burn)
Serves 6

Now, doesn't this look delicious?


Happy Eating!



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, this does look delicious! And so easy. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Tina. I will be trying it!

Paula said...

I have a recipe very similar to this I got out of an Army Spouse's cookbook a few years ago. It also has a little white wine in it. It's delicious and my family loves it.
I have the same cookbook and it's one of my favorites too.

Jen said...

Oh My that dish looks so good. I'm going to the groceries today and I do believe we will be havin this for dinner tonight :)

Your cookin party sounds fun.

Arkansas Patti said...

Now that does look good. I really must learn to visit my blog buddies, AFTER I have breakfast.
Thanks for the recipe.

Unknown said...

Tina...oh YUM!! And I remember voting for your preview party. That is when I first started following your great blog. You're right about being a winner...what an honor to be choosen to host. Just love the great gals at GBP :)

Blessings!
Gail

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That dish does look yummy. I love quick and easy things like that. I hope your Tuesday is a terrific one!

Rae said...

Really looks and sounds good. I have all those ingredients on hand. I know what our supper is going to be now. Thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy...think I'll be adding it to my menu!

BundlesofBlossoms said...

100% going to make this! I love the recipes that you share, but especially the photos that always make my mouth water-YUM!

Vee said...

Oh we love that recipe here, but I didn't get it from that cookbook. I do hear a lot about them and have even picked them up and stroked them, but have never purchased one. I may have to change that.

Thank you for your visit. I received my gift for no good reason other than love. I didn't win it nor do I deserve it, but it certainly has blessed me. Thank you for noticing Vickie's talent. Hope that you'll visit her blog (Sand Flat Farm) as she's a good country gal!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Tina, thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I'm delighted to meet you and have you as a new follower. I've looked around here a bit and I'll sign on as a follower, too. And I'll be back to read more. You have a beautiful family. Thanks, too, for sharing that recipe...it looks very good. Take care and have a great day!

tberry29 said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a new follower. I just aqcuired my 1st gooseberry patch cookbook last month and I fell in love with it. As soon as I got home with it I couldnt put it down...This is going to be the start of a new collection for me now. The one I have is "Dinner on A Dime"..Love love it! I really enjoy all the tidbits of info and tips they put in there. Well I'm also gonna follow your blog as well : )
Thanks again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...