Thursday, January 20, 2011

What's for dessert tonight?

I was already thumbing through my cookbooks, to find something sweet to bake for tonight's dessert, when I heard the mailman at my door! YAY! My Gooseberry Patch cookbooks (Homestyle in a Hurry and Sunday Dinner at Grandma's) came in! I couldn't open that package fast enough!
Of course, the first thing I did was look for my recipes that were in the two books! What girl doesn't love to see her name in print? Then, I went straight to the Easy-As-Pie Desserts section of the Homestyle in a Hurry cookbook. I didn't know which dessert I wanted to try first...there were so many good recipes to chose from!
But,  look what I found on page 195!! Yep...Chocolate! YUM!!!


E-Z Chocolate Chip Bars
 1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 - 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips



Mix butter brown sugar, vanilla and flour together in a bowl.



Stir in chocolate chips.

 

Spread into a greased 12" X 8" baking pan.


Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes until lightly golden. 
Cool; cut into squares. Makes one dozen. 

Look at all that yummy chocolate!!






Now..it's time to kick back in my easy chair with a cookie bar, tall glass of milk, my new cookbooks and sticky tabs! 
I want to start tagging the new recipes I can't wait to try!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Tina...the mailman came to my house with GBP today too! I just blogged about it, lol. I saw your name in the Sunday Dinner at Grandma's -- CONGRATUATIONS!!

Blessings!
Gail

Pitterle Postings said...

whoo hoo!! Thanks for the recipe! I am taking dinner to someone's house tomorrow night and needed a dessert. I think I will make this one.

Paula said...

Oh my.. those look yummy. I'm dieting right now so they look particularly delicious. Congrats on the cookbooks. I do the same thing with the sticky tabs. I just received the Homestyle in a Hurry book and can't wait to dig through it.

Farming On Faith said...

Oh how fun!
I love to get mail and I love GP!
You have a great day!

Arkansas Patti said...

Aww gee, somehow my oatmeal is just not going to taste good this morning.

Brandie @ thecountrycook said...

Hi Tina! I'm your newest follower. I really enjoy reading your blog and all the great recipes you have posted here!

Jen said...

Cookie bars look great...

Jemsmom said...

Yummmmmmyyyy! Those look so good! I can't wait to come across your name in my books and tell me MIL that I "know" you!!

Anonymous said...

My Hubby is the baker in our house and he always used dark dark chocolate chips by ghirardelli. Soooo yummy, but yours look awesome as well. Save one for me!!

Di

Tina said...

That sounds good to Di. I don't usually eat dark chocolate, but I do like it in cookies! I'll have to try that next time!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Bite please!!!I used to make this delish dessert back in my college days only we called 'em Congo Bars. Mmmmmmm!!!!

I just wanted to thank you for your visit and hoppin' on my blog. I sure hope ya'll enjoy the ride!!!

God bless ya'll and in the words of that wild and crazy Granny Clampett, ya'll come back now, ya hear! :o)

Have a marvelous weekend sweetie!!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Those cookie bars remind me of what we used to call Blonde Brownies. They do look yummy!

val said...

yum!

Aunt Spicy said...

These are my fav's! Totally remind me of my childhood!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...