Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 13...Cooking Through 25 Days of Gooseberry Patch Christmas




After all the 'sugar' goodies I've been baking lately and McDonalds nuggets and french fries for a quick supper last night, I decided on something lighter for breakfast this morning. I scrambled my eggs, toasted my honey wheat bread and was in the process of making my orange drink, when I remembered that this recipe came from the Very Merry Christmas Cookbook on pg. 96. So, I thought "I'll just post this recipe on my blog today!"
I think you'll really like this one too...it's something a little different.

Sunshine in a Glass
1 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, partially thawed
1/2 cup milk
10 - 12 ice cubes
1 t. vanilla extract



Place ingredients in an electric blender and blend until smooth. Makes 2 1/2 cups. 

If you want to add a little 'sweet' to it, you can add a teaspoon of sugar or sweetener to it while it's in the blender.
I've also been known to add strawberries and or bananas to add some extra flavor and leave the sugar out!
I like mine extra frothy...can you tell? Yum!!









My grandson, Tryston, was the sweetest little Shepard/Angel/Wise Man last night. I did everything I could to hold back the tears of pride, but nope...they came running down anyway.

"Playing" his trumpet.


Singing away....(he's in the crown, green sash, standing to the left of the gold star)
 Tryston loves to sing.....(second from the left, green sash)


Well....I hate to cut this short, but Hunter is awake from his morning nap. Time to eat some lunch,  run a few errands then pick up my granddaughter from school!

Enjoy your day! Thank you Gooseberry Patch for another tasty recipe!

6 comments:

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Great pics, we just performed our Christmas play! I've served this one to my kids and they really liked it.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I had my oj this morning the regular way. It seems it always tastes better on cold gloomy days.

Pitterle Postings said...

Oh, I love children's Christmas plays. My girls were in one a couple of nights ago. I forgot the camera(of course), but it was pretty darn amazing. I love your drink. We make them often and it is one of the girls favorite drinks.

Tina said...

My children used to be in plays all the time at school and church. I've missed going to them, but now I'm able to watch my grandchildren in their plays! I love it!

BundlesofBlossoms said...

Be sure & pick up your "Blog of Substance Award" at

www.bundlesofblossoms.blogspot.com

Congratulations!!!!!

Tina said...

Thank you sooo much for the award! I'm honored that you'd consider me to this! I'm so excited!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...