Today, I woke up in the mood to bake cookies. Soooo...the house is clean, more gifts are wrapped, and some phone calls were made. It's time to 'play'! You'll find these yummy cookies on pg 74 in Christmas Book 2. Brown Sugar Spice Cookies by Sandra Bowman
1 1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
4 cup all-purpose flour
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. cloves
1/4 t. baking soda
Cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg.
Beat until light and fluffy.
Stir flour with spices and baking soda.
Add to creamed mixture.
Mix well. Cover and chill until firm, about 2 hours.
On floured surface, roll dough to 1/3 inch thickness. Cut in to shapes with cookie cutters. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Makes 6 dozen cookies.
And here they are....don't they look good? Oh yes...they sure do! And they smell just as good! And they taste even better!
What is that on my cookie, you ask?
Did you guess right? It's Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Spread!! I'm sorry...I just had to. One bite in to that cookie and I knew I had to try it! It is soooo yummy!!!My hubby prefers them without the spread....they sure are yummy that way too!
Yesterday, late afternoon, I took off to where my daughter lives (2 hours too far away) and went Christmas shopping. I took my son, Jason, with me. I know that two hours is a long way to drive to go shopping, but I had some coupons I needed to use and we don't have stores like that where I live. Plus, the big bonus....seeing my daughter and two grandsons again!
We attempted another photo with Santa Clause, but Hunter was not going to let that happen! The last photos my daughter had made were perfect! But, while cleaning junk mail off her dining room table, she accidentally threw them away. By the time she realized it, the garbage man had already emptied her cans and drove off. Bummer. But, I did get a very nice photo of Tryston with Santa.
My son Jason finds the coolest things to do with his nieces and nephews. He saw this Hurricane Machine in the mall and just had to take Tryston inside of it. The wind gets up to 78 m.p.h.! Tryston loved it! Looks like Jason did too!
Thank you Ms Sandra and Gooseberry Patch for another awesome, yummy recipe!!!










1 comment:
They look easy and yummy. Perfect to make with the kids on Christmas eve. Have a wonderful evening with your family.
Post a Comment