Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!

First off,  I want to say THANK YOU to all of you who were so sweet to leave a comment for me on my last post. Your response was overwhelming and I am so grateful to all of you for the sweet, kind words and prayers. I never imagined so many of you would respond like you did. During my prayer, I thanked God for each of you!
While reading your comments I learned that two of my blogger friends are 10 yr and 12 yr cancer survivors! YAY!!! Wooo Hooo! How exciting is that? I am thrilled for them and pray that God continues to keep them healthy and cancer free!

When I was first diagnosed with cancer, a very good friend of mine, Leslie...who is a Breast Cancer survivor, sent a book to me titled Praying Through Cancer: Set Your Heart Free from Fear. It's a 90 day devotional for women, written by women, who have struggled with the battle of cancer.
Although their cancers were different than mine, these ladies helped me so much. Each night I couldn't wait to sit down and read another devotion. I would then put my thoughts and my prayers in a journal. Each devotion and scripture was like God speaking directly to me. I am so grateful to Leslie for sending this book to me. Since then, I have had the opportunity to give this book to two other women who battled cancer. They also loved this book and said that it helped them tremendously.

If you or someone you know is battling cancer, in my opinion, this is the book to get. It would be a great gift to yourself or to them. You can find this book HERE at Christian Book for only $9.99. You can also purchase it on eBook for $8.99.

Thank you again for your kind comments! I will remember each of you in my prayers!

4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thank you for sharing so much. There are more cases of cancer than we care to think about. There have been several in own my family and it seems all of them were different. No two were alike. It can take many forms.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had known about this book when my mom was dealing with breast cancer. It sounds like it would be very helpful. Thanks for sharing. :)

Arkansas Patti said...

It was wonderful that you had such a strong example in book form help you through. First diagnosis is really tough and we need all the help we can get.
I do recommend joining a support group for Cancer survivors. Mine is just a really comfortable place to go and to laugh. We are firm believers that laughter is an wonderful tool.
Keep up the good work.

Pitterle Postings said...

Thank you for your honesty and your hope. sometimes we all need a little dose of that. My prayers are with you. I hope you find the peace and comfort that you need. I hope you remember that He does love you and is mindful of your struggles.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...