I've been so busy with my family today, it's almost 10 pm and I am just now sitting down to post on my blog and do some baking for tomorrow!
I've got my casserole made and in the fridge to set overnight. I made this for breakfast last year and my daughter says it's a new tradition for us now! Best breakfast casserole recipe I've ever made!
You'll find it on pg. 10 in Christmas in the Country.
Company Breakfast Casserole
by Nancy Molldrem in EauClaire, WI
6 oz pkf seasoned croutons
1 lb ground pork sausage, browned and drained
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
8 eggs
3 cup milk
1/2 t. dry mustard
1/2 t. salt
2 cups corn flake cereal, crushed
1/2 cup butter, melted
Place croutons in the bottom of a lightly greased 13" X 9" baking pan; top with sausage. Sprinkle with cheese; set aside. Beat eggs, milk, mustard and salt together; pour over cheese. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
Before baking, top with cereal; drizzle with butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes; cool for 10 minutes. Serves 6 to 8.
Serve this casserole with a big stack of Hot Pancakes covered with Apple Pancake Syrup! Oh no..did I just give a hint to the recipe for tomorrow? Stay tuned folks...!!!
Thank you Ms Nancy and Gooseberry Patch for a new Christmas Day breakfast tradition!
I pray that each of you wake up to a wonderful Christmas morning with the ones you love. And when you are opening your gifts, remember this...the greatest gift has already been given to you... the day that sweet baby Jesus was born!




1 comment:
That looks good, thanks for sharing the recipe :)
Post a Comment