One of my favorite things about Christmas is the worship service and musical at church, then of course the Fellowship Dinner afterwards. Tonight is our Christmas service. I've been looking forward to this all week. Each of the members, including the men, cook one of their favorite recipes and brings it to share with the others. There is always so much good food. Our church if full of good cooks!!
The recipe I chose for tonight is found on pg 119 in Christmas Kitchen cookbook. I've made this recipe before for a ladies luncheon and it was a big hit, so I thought I'd make it again. And of course, I tripled my recipe. Don't hesitate making this casserole because it sounds ‘different'. You'll be very surprised how well it all comes together and tastes so wonderful!
Pineapple Casserole by Faith Deaton in Southaven, MS
½ cup sugar
3 T. all-purpose flour
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
20 oz can pineapple chunks, drained and 3 T. juice reserved
½ cup round buttery crackers, crushed
1/4 cup butter, melted
Stir together sugar and flour in a large bowl; gradually stir in cheese.
Spoon into a buttered 1 ½ quart casserole dish.
In a separate bowl, combine cracker crumbs, melted butter and reserved pineapple juice, until well blended.
Oh so yummy! I can not wait to dig in to this tonight!!!
Thank you Ms Faith and Gooseberry Patch for another awesome, oh so delicious, recipe!!!








7 comments:
Looks wonderful Tina! We had our fellowship dinner this afternoon and I say, I may never eat again, lol. SO much good food :)
Blessings!
Gail
That sounds delish in a weird sort of way.
Oh, that looks so yummy! I might try making it for Christmas dinner. I know I would love it and I'm thinking our oldest grandson would too - he LOVES pineapple!
It was another big hit! Everyone who tried it loved it! And of course the musical was beautiful! These folks are definitely using their God given talent!
Gail...we ate 'big' twice today! I'm stuffed!!
Thank you for visiting! It's brightens my day to see I've had visitors! I love making new friends!
This looks amazing. I think I might give it a try. I do love pineapple.
Thank you so much for coming by my blog.
I love Gooseberry cookbooks-what a great idea to work you r way through it.
Enjoyed visiting,
Laura
White Spray Paint
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you swing by again, although there won't be any great recipes. I'm a so-so cook, but I did make this pineapple thingy for Thanksgiving. Didn't look as tempting as yours...but it did get eaten!
Debbie
Post a Comment