Tonight, my 7 yr old grandson has another program. I'm going to have to leave early to get there (2 hrs too far away) in time. I'll have supper ready to go in the oven for when my family comes in from work. Because I'm pretty rushed for time today, I'm including the picture from the Gooseberry Patch cookbook instead of my own.
I've made this recipe before and do as they suggest; serve it over mash potatoes. I also serve it with green beans, corn on the cob and home-made rolls. This is a down-home-cookin-kind of meal...very simple to make and one that can be served all year long! This recipe is also easy to double when you expect more company for supper! Quick Salisbury Steak pg 43 in Very Merry Christmas Cookbook
1 lb ground beef
1 1/2 oz pkg. dry onion soup mix
2 eggs, beaten
2 (10 3/4 oz) cans golden mushroom soup
Combine ground beef, soup mix and eggs in a large bowl; form into 4 patties. Place patties in an ungreased 13" X 9" baking dish; cover with soup. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Serves 4.
Today I wanted to share something with you. It's one of my favorite Christmas songs.
Listen and read the words....very touching! When I look at my children and grandchildren, I know they are special. And, they are very special to me. But, can you imagine how Mary felt when she looked down at the sweet face of her baby Jesus?
You'll need to scroll down to the bottom of my page to pause my music first...or you'll have both of them playing at the same time!
My son shared this group with me...they are the Christian rock band Kutless.


3 comments:
I know you wouldn't miss that Christmas program but 2 hours is a long drive to see it for sure. Most of mine live at least 2 hours away and I don't see many of their programs at all. I've made Salisbury steak before but never like that so now I'll have to try it out as it sure sounds simple and easy. Most any recipe I've tried with onion soup mix and mushroom soup has turned out to be good and flavorful.
I am going to make the Salisbury steak tomorrow night. If only I'd know about it earlier today. **sigh**
OK Granny...let me know how it turns out for you! We love it!
MA....this grandson is about to move 4 hours away and I may have to miss his programs then. That already breaks my heart. To see his face light up when he sees me in the audience and to watch him 'perform' is well worth the 2 hour drive...and most times, like tonight, I take my Momma with me too!
Post a Comment