Nothing better than coming in from the cold to a steaming hot cup of Hot Cocoa loaded with marshmallows! I'm not a coffee drinker like most of my family and friends are, but I look forward to the colder months so I can drink this without breaking a sweat!
You can find this recipe in the Christmas Cookbook on pg. 142.
Ho-Ho Cocoa Mix1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cup non-fat powdered milk
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/2 cup non-dairy creamer
1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
(I don't add the marshmallows until I make the cup of cocoa. Not
everyone likes marshmallow!)
Combine all ingredients, stirring well. Store in an airtight container up to 2 months. For each serving, add one cup hot water to 1/2 cup cocoa mix; stir well. Makes 8 servings.
For a little added flavor, drop in a few of these Gingerbread Marshmallows!! YUM!!!
I've had so much fun playing with my grandbaby!
After I fed Hunter his oatmeal this morning, I knew I had to keep him occupied so I could get the kitchen cleaned up. So, I gave him some Rick Krispies...poured them right on to his tray...and he loved them!!
He couldn't get them in his mouth fast enough! (he has one stuck to his forehead!)
Thank you Gooseberry Patch for another "HOT" recipe!!




5 comments:
I'm not a coffee drinker either so hot chocolate is a favorite of mine. I've heard about the gingerbread flavored marshmallows but haven't found them at the store yet. I keep looking each time I go. Your Hunter is a darling, but then you knew that already I'll bet!
Yes he is! Thank you!
I found these marshmallows at my momma's Wal Mart. They had a big hot cocoa display set up. I haven't seen them at my WalMart yet though.
Right now I'd love to have a cup of hot cocoa. Those gingerbread marshmallows sound wonderful. It is really cold here this evening. At least the snow has stopped for now. I can hardly wait til my little grandson is old enough to sit up in the high chair...he's only 3 mos. but I know they grow fast.
Yes, they do grow fast! I love watching all the new things they learn to do. I'm trying to teach him how to clap his hands...he looks at me like I'm crazy and just giggles.
I'd love to have some snow...we don't get much...just a lot of 'chances' of snow.
Love your Christmas collection of Gooseberry Patch. Looks like you've been having a lot of fun! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll check out your Tater Tot Casserole.
Post a Comment