Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 1...Cooking Through 25 Days of Gooseberry Patch Christmas

I sure picked a good recipe to start off with! But then again, how can I go wrong with any recipe from Gooseberry Patch, right? I found this recipe on pg 134 in Farmhouse Christmas.
It is sooo good! I didn't want to substitute any ingredients for fear of it not turning out as good as it sounds.


Cinnamon Pudding Cake by Phillis Peters in Three Rivers, MI
SERVES 12

1 cup sugar
2 T. butter
1 cup milk
2 cup all-purpose flour
2 t. baking powder
2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t salt
Mix all ingredients together and blend well. Pour into a greased 13"x9" baking pan, add topping.


Topping:
2 cups brown sugar
2 T butter
1 1/4 cup water
Combine ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
Pour mixture over the cake batter and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.




Ok, while this cake is in the oven, let me introduce you to a new product I have found. Well, it's not that new, I don't think.... but it's new to me. Sometimes at night, I get the munchies. So I went looking for something, besides fruit or raw vegies, that would be better than eating a big bowl of buttery Kettle Corn or chocolate ice cream! At the end of the Little Debbie snack cake aisle...yes, I started with Little Debbie's first. I thought for sure they'd make a sugar free/low fat snack. Well, who am I kidding? Then.... I found this!

This was my answer! They're crunchy, fruit tasting and they are full of fiber! Pop a few of these in my mouth, wash it down with a bottle of water, and I'm all set....a new cure for my hunger pains!


Time to take this great smelling cake out of the oven. I'm sorry but I left a few pictures out. They turned out too blurry and I didn't want to spoil the moment for you.
Ms Phillis says "A terrific dessert for a chilly winter evening! Serve with a mug of homemade cocoa!" Sooo...I did just that! Doesn't this look good? It's OH MY GOODNESS GOOD!!!
Needless to say, only one piece of this cake and I've exceeded my daily caloric intake...but it was well worth it! This recipe is a keeper! Thank you Ms Phillis!!! And Thank You Gooseberry Patch!

7 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Tina,
That looks so yummy!
Thanks for your sweet note and for becoming a new follower! I am a new follower too!
Very cute grandkids too!
Cindy

Debby S. said...

I will definatley try this recipe! Those True Delights look yummy, I will look for them. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your's is just FAB! Those grandkids are AMAZING also! SO CUTE!!!

A Miller's Musings... said...

Great post! That looks delicious. Wonder if I can talk my turning-7-years-old-tomorrow daughter into having this for her birthday cake. I know it isn't traditional, but isn't that what MEMORIES are made of?! I don't have this cook book (Farmhouse Christmas) and I'm sitting here wondering how many other fantastic recipes I've missed out on. My mom, who passed these wonderful books down to me, is fired. Wonder if she kept that book to herself.

I want to make this .... now!

BundlesofBlossoms said...

You just made my mouth absolutely water....

All I can say is, "yum yum yum!"

StillyBee said...

Oh my goodness.. I came sledding into this blog & found a KEEPER! What a beautiful blog you have & thank you for the recipe. High fives on those holly jolly tunes as well! Merry Christmas!

Kerri-Jo Sharp said...

It's in the oven now!!! I can't wait to see how it turns out!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great information! I’ve been looking for something like this for a while now. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...