Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Day 21...Cooking Through 25 Days of Gooseberry Patch Christmas
Last night my son, Jason, invited some friends over to grill out. We usually grill steaks when we all get together and everyone brings their own steak. I thought a batch of 'home made' rolls would be great with it! I put all the ingredients in my bread machine, and set it on the dough cycle, so I could make the rolls and pop them in the oven when everyone arrived. Well, to my surprise, they brought hamburgers and hot dogs instead! Who wants a dinner roll with a hot dog? So, I decided to use the dough to make a desert out of it!
This recipe calls for frozen dough, but I figured mine would work too. What a great idea! They were gone in a minute! And the name of this recipe is exactly right...they are very sticky...and sweet...but oooooh so good!!!
You can find this recipe in the Christmas cookbook (the first book in the series) on pg. 100.
Bite Size Sticky Buns
5 T. Butter, melted
2 T. light corn syrup
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
12 pieces frozen roll dough, thawed
Grease 24 miniature muffin cups. Set aside. Combine butter, corn syrup, sugar and nuts. Spoon mixture into the bottom of muffin cups. Cut each dinner roll in half. Place cut side down on pecan mixture in muffin cup. Cover and let rise in a warm place 'til rolls double in size. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove from oven, cool 1 minute then invert pan on cooling rack or wax paper.
Thank you Gooseberry Patch for another yummy recipe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh, sounds so good Tina!
CHRISTmas Blessings!
Gail
Another one I'm definitely trying but probably not until after Christmas!
Post a Comment