
Some times there just isn't enough hours in the day! Today is one of them! So much to do and so little time.
So, I decided to pick another simple, but oh so good, recipe for today. I found this on pg 141 in Jolly Holidays cookbook.
Apple-Cinnamon Bars by Carla Turner in Keizer, OR
1 3/4 cup sugar

2 cups all-purp. flour
3 eggs
1 cup oil
1 t. vanilla extract
1 t. baking powder
½ t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
2 cups apples, cored, peeled and diced
1 cup chopped nuts
Garnish: powdered sugar
Combine ingredients together in order listed. (Since not everyone in my family likes nuts, I left them out this time.)
Pour into a greased 13"X9" baking pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes; cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar....hahaha...oh it said 'sprinkle'...it looks like it snowed on mine! (the look I was going for!)
Cut in to squares. Makes 2 dozen.Just don't breath when you bite in to them!

Do you have something special that you collect for Christmas decorating? I collect Snowmen! I started collecting them about 10 years ago. I have so many now I don't have room for them all. I just take turns bringing them out each year.
I wanted to share with you a 'few' of the snowmen that I have put out this year!
This guy keeps my rocking chair warm.....

This guy sits on the back of my couch....

These sit on an end table and light up....
These big snowman were gifts from my daughter about 5 years ago. They are about 3 ft tall and so soft and snuggly. My grandchildren love these!!!
Thank you to Ms Carla and Gooseberry Patch for another yummy recipe!
Have a Blessed, Happy, Safe and Warm day!!!
8 comments:
YAY!! At least it got the date right this time! Wooo Hooo! I'm off to have a good day!
I'm not so sure what is going on but one of the other blogs I read was having trouble loading pictures earlier this week too so perhaps it is something on blogger. I like that recipe. It sounds simple enough that even I can make it and I need something around here to fill my sweet tooth so I'll copy this one down to make later.
Thank you...I tried again later and as you can see it finally worked for me. Must have been a glitch in their system!
Omigosh, those cookies sound delicious! And your snowmen are so cute! I collect Santa figures, and old ornaments. :)
Hi Tina! Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for following along on A Rural Journal and leaving a comment -- very thoughtful of you.
You have such a festive-looking blog -- it's beautiful. I look forward to us getting to know each other better. :) Have a great Friday!
Your blog is outstanding. Love the layout and your recipes look delicious!! I wanted to stop by and say thanks for following my blog - I will be doing the same here.
Sweet snowmen! Those bars are looking pretty sweet too :)
CHRISTmas Blessings!
Gail
cute, cute snowmen! I'm afraid if I put out a snowman collection it would invite snow to NC...don't want that to happen!
those bars look so luscious!
Post a Comment